Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm getting curious about a these homemade chocolates....please tell me more.....
SJ
I went to a chocolate making workshop the autumn before I was diagnosed....
So essentially it is equal parts pretty good chocolate and double cream zapped with some heat... microwave/induction ring.
Flavourings so far include, coffee, coffee and ginger, ginger and lime, rosemary, thyme, mint, peppermint, juniper, cardamon and a couple of others that slip the memory. This makes the central bit, they then get covered by a single chocolate, tempered to seal it all in.
Each one weighs about 15 g of which is 5 g carbs depending on the chocs used. 1 or 2 at the end of the evening meal so they are mixed in...

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
am: 5.7
B: Standard Chia coffee et al
L: Pan fried haddock and salad
pre: 4.6
D: rack of lamb, asparagus, a few diced roast tatties with rosemary, red wine.

S

Sable_Jan

SJ
I went to a chocolate making workshop the autumn before I was diagnosed....
So essentially it is equal parts pretty good chocolate and double cream zapped with some heat... microwave/induction ring.
Flavourings so far include, coffee, coffee and ginger, ginger and lime, rosemary, thyme, mint, peppermint, juniper, cardamon and a couple of others that slip the memory. This makes the central bit, they then get covered by a single chocolate, tempered to seal it all in.
Each one weighs about 15 g of which is 5 g carbs depending on the chocs used. 1 or 2 at the end of the evening meal so they are mixed in...
Thanks @hankjam ......sound lovely and you know whats in them too

Reactions: 2 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B/fast - fried eggs on seeded bread
Lunch - chilli con carne with one Lidl high protein roll
Tea - burger in a high protein roll with a handful of French fries
No snacks at all!!

S

Sable_Jan

so far today
Breakfast: some of that "coconut bar" stuff...... eventually set but was a bit like egg custard at the bottom and some of the coconut oil that had separated out had set too ... think an extra tbsp of coconut flour required... tasty though
Dinner: 6 Glamorgan sausages (Sainsbury's veggie cheese & leek... soo tasty but not very filling)
Tea: Will be roast chicken drumsticks (yes girls I DID remember to take them out to defrost this morning..) probably served with cabbage & leek
Snacks: none so far that I remember :D

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
am: 5.5
11:00's: black coffee, a slice of sourdough with cheese, first for over 9 months, baked it myself for the family and had one to see what it was like
13:00: 5.6
L: 3 egg omelette with sour cream, mushrooms, cheese and chives
pre: 5.2
D: roast chicken, butternut, cabbage, one roast potato (small), white wine one glass, 2 chocolates.
Water.

Reactions: 5 people

Quigs2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Breakfast frittata with spinach, tomatoes, onion and capsicum. It makes four portions so I don't need to think about breakfast for the next 3 days. Which suits me fine as I have very busy morning!

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast frittata with spinach, tomatoes, onion and capsicum. It makes four portions so I don't need to think about breakfast for the next 3 days. Which suits me fine as I have very busy morning!
I think mine are supposed to make 4 portions but eat them in two goes. Though I guess for breakfast I might do a quarter...

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast Fasting
Lunch was spinach cauli broccoli cheese I made white sauce from extra thick cream only this time and was wonderful and pork meatballs
Dinner will be salad and yoghurt, if I am too hungry then I might tuck into some more of meatballs.
Snacks I hate to say it but I had walnuts and possibly too many of them :(

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B/fast - usual hot oat cereal
Mid-mornong - lemon muffin
Lunch - cheese salad followed by FFat Greek yoghurt with blueberries
Tea - lamb curry and reheated rice - BS was 5.4 before, 8.0 @ 1hr :woot: and 6.7 @ 2 hours and may test at 3 hours to see how much it drops before bed!!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Odd day today so took a couple of readings.

Morning - 4 glasses of water straight away then a couple more during the morning and a black filter coffee.

Lunch - Business lunch in an Italian restaurant. Pre reading 5.9 - small chicken parmesan with a salad (no dressing). Water, double espresso with a bit of cheese. - post reading 5.0

Dinner - Early dinner at our favourite Thai restaurant. Pre reading 4.7 (ye ha!) - chicken satay followed by Pad Pik Paeng (stir fry chicken with beans, red and green peppers and bamboo shoots (no rice). Water - post reading 6.0

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
am: 5.5
11:00's: black coffee,
L: Celery, olives, cheese, sauerkraut, toms, avocado, EVOO, green beans
pre: 4.5
D: Gammon, mushrooms, sour cream; cabbage, sauerkraut, avocado toms and garlic, 2 chocolates.
Water.
Feeling peckish.... but no to snacks.

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
So far today a few grapes and a probiotic drink. Not sure about lunch or tea

S

Sable_Jan

So far today a few grapes and a probiotic drink. Not sure about lunch or tea
2 cups of tea and 2 sugarfree fibre biscuits....up too late for breakfast
EDIT
dinner was celery sticks with smoked cheddar and red grapes with Double Gloucester....
Tea..... To be continued......... ;)
Tea... Half tinned steak.pie, tinned spuds & Sweetcorn.... Made for me by friend

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - beef broth with 2 mushrooms and half a chilli chucked in.

Lunch - 3 slices of my own bread topped with a smear of cream cheese and tomato - about 9g carbs. best replace that tomato.

Footnote: my own bread has about 36g carbs. 14cm long and I cut into half cm slices.

Last edited by a moderator:

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
No breakfast, small banana mid morning. Lunch a tin of weight watchers soup. Tea chicken and few Chios with small slice date and walnut bread. Then scoop praline ice cream
5.2 before lunch and 5.7 2 hours later. 5.6 before tea and 8.5 after.....blame the ice cream!! :)

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast fasting
Lunch was meatballs and cheese cauli bake
Dinner was something new
I toasted bread which was almond and flax and made a filler from egg, mayo, basil, olive oil, cream cheese, avocado.

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: Back to my cereal mix with soya milk and almond butter...bit too much though giving me a 7.6 at 2 hours
Dinner: Smoked cheddar and last of celery f/b some of daughter's huge portion of chips (did 3 of us plus treats for 3 dogs!!)
Tea: biryani and rice (homemade so not a huge portion
Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate orange sugar free chocolate... don't think I snaffled anything else

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
am: 5.2
11:00's: black coffee,
L: Celery, olives, cheese, toms, avocado, EVOO,
pre: 4.8
D: crustless flan, chorizo, spinach and cheese, salad, avocado toms and garlic with lots of EVOO, some white wine.
Lovely evening walk as sun went down, honeysuckle smelling hmmmmmm....

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
B - 3 packets of Pork Scratching's, 4 sausages, black coffee
L - will be soup of some kind
D - Lamb and sprouts

no snacks