FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Thanks @Emmotha , but it turned out to be the shoulder exercises I have done over a week ago. I went to a physiotherapist and he found out.

So it was not the Libres fault this time;)

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I put a Compeed over the rash caused by my previous sensor and want to take it off but it's stuck so well and is excruciatingly painful when I try to peel it off! Any tips? I'll try a warm bath tonight and see if that helps me pry it off!

misswhiplash

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I put a Compeed over the rash caused by my previous sensor and want to take it off but it's stuck so well and is excruciatingly painful when I try to peel it off! Any tips? I'll try a warm bath tonight and see if that helps me pry it off!

I usually leave Compeed (over wounds/blisters etc) on until they "want" to come off...
Bath and/or oil should help, though, I reckon.

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got a nagging pain in my shoulder since some days. First thought it was related to gym exercises, but it doesn't go away. Even now I haven't been in the gym for some days now.. Don't want to blame everything on the Libre but it ís on the same arm, and it started after applying the current sensor. I applied the current sensor a bit more on the back..could there be a relation?

Strangely enough if I place sensor on my right arm I get a feeling of weakness and shoulder ache all the time its inserted
next sensor goes on my left arm and my weakness clears up
strange cant really blame it as im only 6 sensors in but its enough for me to stop putting it on my right arm :¬(

Reactions: 2 people

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
I am so excited I have finally received my email to say I can order this!!!!! :happy:

Sorry to be lazy but can anyone please summarise key take away points from this discussion, in particular pros and cons of the sensors?

Thank you kindly!

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am so excited I have finally received my email to say I can order this!!!!! :happy:

Sorry to be lazy but can anyone please summarise key take away points from this discussion, in particular pros and cons of the sensors?

Thank you kindly!

When did you go on the waiting list? . . . . . Don't know why I'm asking because I can't even remember when I went on it! :rolleyes:

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
When did you go on the waiting list? . . . . . Don't know why I'm asking because I can't even remember when I went on it! :rolleyes:

January.
I am really excited as I have been girding myself to splurge on the Dexcom. I can now spend the money on double glazing instead! :D

No need of the thread summary now. I have taken the afternoon to flick through and have now some familiarity with the issues. Rashes and pus.

asyarlk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone put a compeed/plaster over the top of the sensor to hold it in place? About a week in mine start lifting and have even come off.

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
For people who get a skin reaction: I would not put Compeed plasters over the wounded skin, since skin heals most quickly without any plasters on it.

The Compeed is just to place on unharmed skin beforehand and then put a sensor over it if you think you might get a skin reaction.

For covering the sensor I always used sporttape when it started to get loose after 7 or 8 days. But now there is no need for me to cover it anymore since the sensors stick very well to the Compeed plaster I put below them.

Short pro's: - almost no finger pricking anymore
- graph of glucose levels and trend indicator
- so you can prevent low or high bloodsuga when you are awake and scanning regularly
- scanning is easy and you can scan as much as you want.
- better understanding of your values

- cons:
- chance of getting skin reaction is pretty high
- sometimes not accurate, but you can check by fingerpricking if you dont believe the libre
- sometimes failing sensors while they cost a lot
- only one order every 14 days
- no refunding by health insurance
- it looks not so nice with a compeed plaster under it.
- you still have to take with you your old finger prick device if you want to be able to check scans, since the Libre is a terrible system for finger pricking

Last edited by a moderator:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Hill28 don't agree on your last point. I've had no issues with finger pricking on the libre.

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For people who get a skin reaction: I would not put Compeed plasters over the wounded skin, since skin heals most quickly without any plasters on it.
I thought that originally too, but I have to say that the rash I covered with Compeed has completely healed up and gone within a week whereas the one I left uncovered is still there almost 4 weeks later....

Reactions: 2 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
Blowtorch will do it ;) may smart a tad

obates

So, my senor has fallen off a day too soon, first time ever this happened. My question is - if I put new sensor on say tomorrow AM - will reader recognize it is a new sensor or would it expire tomorrow pm like the one which has fallen off?

obates

Libre is a terrible system for finger pricking
I quite like it, even stopped using my Contour Next.. I find foil wrapped strips are quite handy, the only annoying thing is that blood tests do not show up on a graph and insulin calculator and insulin log when scanning do not come up as a same thing and I have wasted a few strips due to "insufficient blood amount".

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So, my senor has fallen off a day too soon, first time ever this happened. My question is - if I put new sensor on say tomorrow AM - will reader recognize it is a new sensor or would it expire tomorrow pm like the one which has fallen off?

The scanner will recognise the sensor as new and warn you that it will mean you can no longer scan the existing sensor. You acknowledge that, scan and wait for an hour and then you're up and running on the new sensor.

Smidge

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What is the operating temp for the libre sensor? I use sauna 2/3 times a week and am guessing it will completely ruin it. Don't need to use it when in sauna but would be nice if it could 'survive' the experience and be used afterwards. Anyone have any experience?
ive used the sauna, steam and pool wearing my sensor. No problem at all