Type1

TT86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi my name is Tara Hubbard i am 28yrs and i was diagnosed in 2010 i would like to get to know some new people with diabetes i havent had an easy time dealing with diabetes please feel free to comment or write back.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello Tara and welcome. There are a few type 1's on the forum and it's a good place for helpful advice and support.

Best wishes RRB

TT86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Tara and welcome. There are a few type 1's on the forum and it's a good place for helpful advice and support.

Best wishes RRB
Hello, wow that is a long time thank you. Do you have trouble with diabetes even though you have had it for a long time.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hello Tara
Welcome...
Don't think any of us have an easy time with T1 (or T2).
How can we help, be friends??
We are a pretty good forum..the best that I've seen and stuck with at least!
People here have helped me hugely and I do count my virtual friends as real friends because living with diabetes can be tough!!
Hope you stay in touch..

Reactions: 4 people

TT86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,
Thank you for commenting. Being friends sounds good i feel like i need people that can understand me or that i can relate to. It has been so difficult not knowing anybody with any type of diabetes.
How long have you been diabetic for and how old are you if you dont mind me asking.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello, wow that is a long time thank you. Do you have trouble with diabetes even though you have had it for a long time.

Hi, I'm doing okay thanks, just a couple of eye problems and some other auto immune conditions. There are some Type 1's who have had diabetes for 40, 50 years + and are still going strong:).

Take care RRB

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well, I'm old enough to be your mother!! But young at heart!! 52. Still behaving like a teenager! Diabetic since 20.
No complications...but not had a trouble free time! Almost list licence at one point and people from this forum say me through some hard times with that and going on to a pump too.
Amazing people.we may be older but we have experience!! And we can still sing and dance!!

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Hi Tara
I am in the type 1 club too, and am 34 years old. Only been diagnosed for a year and am coping ok at the moment. This forum is great and a real help when times get tough. Always here for a chat or advice. Are you near London? ?

TT86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey,
It's great to hear and I am already getting a friendly welcome from this forum. Wow you have been diabetic for a long time. You sound so positive I really hope I can learn from you I'm so negative about diabetes and at the moment it is a chore in my life I'm sure as time goes on this will become better for me. Did you ever feel this way and how long did it take you to come to terms with your diagnosis when it happened. Sorry if I am rambling on but it feels so good to actually say what's been going on and ask questions about other people's experiences .

TT86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi bri wow you have been doing amazing your hba1c are brilliant I need some tips mine are like a roller coaster but I'm working on them. The diagnosis must have been a shock and yes I am in London .

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome Tara :)

You have come to the right place to learn tips and techniques from people who have had the Dbeest , tamed it to a degree , and also find friends who natter about just about everything :) all of that can help you get a handle on things, not least because you can feel very isolated living with it.

I think we all feel it's a chore, some times more than others, but for me it's mostly routine * yawn * interspersed with :banghead::banghead: I've had it since childhood, more years than I care to think about, and my feelings post diagnosis were different ( from what I remember ) than I expect an adult would have. So it is just part of life . It sucks at times, but there are worse things to deal with . I think it's easier nowadays with technology moving on and the availability of meters, pens, pumps and kit giving a massive amount of freedom compared to Ye Olde Ways ( glass syringes, pee in a test tube to see inaccurately. what your BG level was :eek:)

All that being said, I consider my life to be " normal", at least for me :D

Signy

Reactions: 5 people

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Hi bri wow you have been doing amazing your hba1c are brilliant I need some tips mine are like a roller coaster but I'm working on them. The diagnosis must have been a shock and yes I am in London .
Always here for advice and tips.
There are a group of us meeting up on the 27th this month in London, you are very welcome to join us, really nice group of people all in the same boat!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I think the vast majority of T1's at some points get fed up and abandon controlling it... To some degree-some more than others..

I do wish and always have that I could get rid of it just for one day...just 24 hrs without pre planning...I really do not think there is a long term illness that is essentially "unseen" that has such an impact upon the human race.

Yes, I know there are awful diseases such as cystic fibrosis.. And that has to be absolutely awful and so, so hard but it is also "seen'. To me there is something about an "unseen" disease that people don't see our inner turmoils and outside smiles.

All diseases are something that "normal" people have little understanding of... But may think they do!! They don't live with injections, testing, pumps and hypo and hypers so really they can only sympathise... But can't empathise..

Sounds like you are struggling a little.. Try to join other members in London if you get a chance too... Its not all about diabetes but its just nice to feel that you are no different to the person next to you even when talking about day to day things.

I think the forum is a great place with very special people that share diabetes.

If we can help to reduce the ups n downs of your rollercoaster we will always try to help...

TT86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I already some relief to be able to talk about diabetes in the few days that I have been on here it's actually amazing how friendly everybody is. It's also nice to know that we all have similar issues with diabetes or feel the same at times and it's nice to get a positive feel from people because if I'm honest I'm very negative about diabetes it's my enemy, but I would like to be positive at some point. Have you been diabetic for a long time

Reactions: 4 people

TT86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi donnellysdogs
I also wish for a day of freedom.
I try and tell myself exactly the same thing about other awful diseases but I get so annoyed and miserable, I will definitely join other members in London .

Thank you your post is much appreciated

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome Tara - I'm a recently diagnosed type 1 and this forum is excellent for a better understanding and reading other people's experiences. Get reading ;);)

TT86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you I should have come on here when I was diagnosed but I was angry and didn't want to speak to anybody at the time. I am definitely gonna get Reading asap. How are you finding it

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Ooooob anger!!! Yep, let it out!! Then settle in time. Believe me, life can and IS still good.. 30+ years on from my diagnosis.

Even today... I had 1/2 a wrap on Friday and it caused me hyge difestive probs today... -and yes I felt angry still 30+ years on that everybody else can seem to eat excess Mcdonalds and I couldn't even eat 1/2 a wrap (barely that).... However, move on... Nothing in my face has stopped me laughing n smiling ever.. Even if it hides tears... If you can manage a smile the whole world will smile back.....

It is tough but honest if you can manage a smile and laughter each day it helps enormously.

Anger is natural... Very natural. Its like a sort of grieving to be honest... It does get easier..

You can and will find ways to "cheat" (I was put on such a strict eating plan that it felt like I cheated when finding I could eat a custard cream and not a digestive!!)....

People here are fantastic... Wecome aboard this luxury , exclusive cruise liner where for a change in this world we all do care enormously for a stranger that may just pass us by or may hook up to our arms n embrace us. We care enormously...