CRACKING UP!!! Please help.

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
The other thing is ratios, as mentioned by @DunePlodder and @noblehead , it is seemingly rare that a person has the same ratio throughout the day .
Signy

Or even on different days (eg. Weekends and Mondays).

You might even need to consider splitting the dose unevenly - no matter whether Lantus or Levemir... your body rhythms will be different from day to night and will have different insulin requirements accordingly.

Good luck with it.

Reactions: 3 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
First time in ages I have actually laughed out loud! The important question is, Was the burger nice??
Laughter the best medicine i know! Yes i alway buy the aberdeen angus burgers from m&s yummy on the barbie with melted chedder, now i'm dribbling lol,

Reactions: 4 people
M

mammamia2006

Laughter the best medicine i know! Yes i alway buy the aberdeen angus burgers from m&s yummy on the barbie with melted chedder, now i'm dribbling lol,

That sounds so nice. Where about are yu? Barbie, clisest I get to a barbie is my neice's barbie dolls lol

M

mammamia2006

Cool. My uncle was a coach driver in London, dont know what company he works/worked for. He stays in Orpington.

I have only ever been to Sterling once to have a 'holiday' in the jail.

Reactions: 4 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Cool. My uncle was a coach driver in London, dont know what company he works/worked for. He stays in Orpington.

I have only ever been to Sterling once to have a 'holiday' in the jail.
Myou take your get out of jail free card from your monopolythats nice, i drive a luxury 17 seat minibus.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Myou take your get out of jail free card from your monopolythats nice, i drive a luxury 17 seat minibus.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1433505511.736864.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
M

mammamia2006

I left the monopoly card at home but the break away from running after hibby was worth it lol. Speaking of which, should get the kettle on for him coming home :-(

Do you travel all over with your job?

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I left the monopoly card at home but the break away from running after hibby was worth it lol. Speaking of which, should get the kettle on for him coming home :-(

Do you travel all over with your job?
Coffee with double cream for me....say hellloooooo to hubby and yes we travelthe length and breadth oh the uk, love scotland.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
maybe see if you can be put on Tresiba, Ive been on both lantus and levemir and I must admit Tresiba is by far the most stable

bellabella

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been a diabetic since I was 3years old, I am 28 now.

I have always been a terrible fiabetic, never checking bgl and only taking Lantus, rarely took Novorapid.

From 4th May, I started checking bgl, have been to Diabetic Clinic and have seen the Dietitian approx 3 times.

I take different levels of Novorapid (carb counting) and always take Lantus at 7.30pm (28 units)

However, between 3pm & 4pm, my bgl starts to rise, I was 6.9 before breakfast, 6.1 before lunch and sitting at 10.6 now and not due to have my Novorapid until hubby is home from work @ 6.30pm.

Should I consider splitting my Lantus dose and inject twice daily or should I ask to be changed to Levemir? I have heard about Tresiba but it is currently unavailable for me as I live in Scotland.

VERY close to cracking up and need all the help I can get.
I used to take my lantus 22 units once a day in the evening
However I found that it started to run out after twenty hours or so
So I split the dose into 12 in the evening and 10 in the morning- one extra injection but it has kept my readings much more stable and somehow also helped dampen down my dawn phenomenon too

M

mammamia2006

maybe see if you can be put on Tresiba, Ive been on both lantus and levemir and I must admit Tresiba is by far the most stable

Thats what I would ideally like but sadly it is not available in Scotland :-(

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah, it's available in England, Wales and Europe but not Scotland.

Just so you don't feel totally left out , there are areas in England and Wales where Tresiba isn't being prescribed either because of cost .It's a postcode lottery :banghead:

Signy