Feet problems

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd be frustrated too. The pustules sound really awful. :grumpy:

They are. They're not like ordinary blisters you get on the surface from something like shoes rubbing, these gradually come up from underneath and I cannot describe the pain. Once they've broken out for a few days you can sometime 'pop' them and drain the pus (it's sterile white blood cells) and that relieves the worst of the pain, but you have to be careful because of the infection risk.
It's worse than what I have now as the pain lasts longer, so a fair swap, as long as it doesn't get any worse ;)

Reactions: 2 people

Amethyst8

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I think the usual advice to stop swelling is to raise feet above hip level, doesn't help me but might be worth a try.
I do get some relief by bathing feet in lukewarm water and putting lots of moisturiser on, it helps relieve the tightness of the stretched skin.

Amethyst, how long have you had this? And do you have any kidney problems? I'm wondering if there's a connection there. But seeing as you've had an ulcer I'd have thought they'd be doing everything they can to find out what's causing your swelling. Have you asked to be referred to a podiatrist?
Hello,
Thank you for the reply.The ulcer wound started last year,toe got knocked about.GP referred to podiatrist.it got healed.Now got it
opened again,so the nurse bandaged it.I will be seeing the nurse every 3 days or weekly until it healed again. Kidney slighhtly damaged. No infection in the wound,it's clean but taking it's time to heal due to diabetes. Neuropathy pain started early.so for the pain I took supplements & it stopped the chronic pain. But the numbness on the toe areas are heavy & feel unbalanced when walking & also got arthritis.
CT scan done years back ,found Osteoarthritis on feet.GP not treating for neuropathy pain,even GP/nurse doesn't know why the swelling keep coming up,only want to give painkillers.I don't know what else I could do except suffering!!

Last edited by a moderator:

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mines flared up again today, very sore and swollen, seems to be every few days and lasts a couple of days. If only it would stick to a definite pattern it would be so helpful so I could plan when I can go out!

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
nothing worse than a bad back or bad feet my big toe is swollen not that i let it bother me have to keep going am sure its arthritis but will ask when i go for a check up :(

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've got arthritis in my spine too, so would agree with you there!