Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fumes from traffic and cigarettes are awful, living in London has a big down side with the traffic. Avoid Lewisham centre its mad with road works
I know but have to use that or Blackheath to get back down south. Both are dire.

And as for the fags! Drove up Sunday night smelling of bbq and came back last night stinking of fags! It's like a mini smog up near moorgate.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I know but have to use that or Blackheath to get back down south. Both are dire.

And as for the fags! Drove up Sunday night smelling of bbq and came back last night stinking of fags! It's like a mini smog up near moorgate.
Centre of town is dire how people work up there I don't know

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 at bedtime and again this morning - 2 consecutive days for these readings :)

Reactions: 24 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not all nuts were created equal. !!!

Have you tried out different types of nuts with your glucometer ? Peanuts spike me to outer spce, Pecans dont and they leave me feeling very full ca 70% fat. Testing can be fun.

thanks Pasha..will certainly try. mostly, i have peanuts & cashews, the odd pack of pistachios. never really tested if they spike me immediately. but inevitably, my sugar will be elevated the next day..

Reactions: 2 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning:)
7.4 fasting after a supper involving half stonebaked bread roll...
Oops, and a handful of peanuts - home roast -, which usually give under 7 next morning. Sometimes pecans, just they are too sweet for me...
I am currently experimenting with CHs, just to slowly realise that most o them are a definitely no-go for me.
I'm fairly new to the "job", been on SL Metformin 1000 mg x2 since March, with added Forxiga two weeks ago.
Have a great day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 18 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
How much sugar did your mother in law put in the cake??
I really have no idea

I suspect a lot as it was really sweet with marshmallows in it too

Its called a Mallow Roll up here in Jockoland

Dread to think of the carbs but was heavenly tasting

Reactions: 10 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

5.4 yesterday morning,

5.6 today after a fairly irresponsible couple of days.

could have been worse...

Reactions: 23 people

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks Pasha..will certainly try. mostly, i have peanuts & cashews, the odd pack of pistachios. never really tested if they spike me immediately. but inevitably, my sugar will be elevated the next day..
Nuts vary quite a lot in the carbs they contain. I was surprised to find that cashews are a lot higher than others - at something like 19g carbs per 100g, where salted peanuts are around 10g (I find they vary quite a bit from brand to brand between about 9g and 15g/100g). Pecans and macadamias are a lot lower at around 5-6g/100g.

Forgot my BG - 7.0 this morning. seem to have settled around 7 where it was 8 before my latest insulin increase. Don't want to up that any further, so my next lines of improvement are losing weight and better exercise, because that certainly makes a big difference for me. I'm happy with my eating regime and will stick with that for a while.

Reactions: 19 people

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
13-4. ...will be same all day.. it never changes

Reactions: 12 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nuts vary quite a lot in the carbs they contain. I was surprised to find that cashews are a lot higher than others - at something like 19g carbs per 100g, where salted peanuts are around 10g (I find they vary quite a bit from brand to brand between about 9g and 15g/100g). Pecans and macadamias are a lot lower at around 5-6g/100g.

Forgot my BG - 7.0 this morning. seem to have settled around 7 where it was 8 before my latest insulin increase. Don't want to up that any further, so my next lines of improvement are losing weight and better exercise, because that certainly makes a big difference for me. I'm happy with my eating regime and will stick with that for a while.

thanks for that. i have been quite disciplined in avoiding sugar & starch. so, occasionally, i indulge in nuts and/or diabetic chocolate. very rarely..the odd bit of cheese. well, not bits but rather large amounts of it. i can binge on any of these quite easily..

so as a rule, i try to avoid all of the above. gateway drugs as far as i 'm concerned..:)

Reactions: 4 people

Merrylizard1314

Tuesday 9th allowed up today, but not allowed to do anything much, except sit about, reading. Ah well, someone has to do it.
BGL at 6am. 4.6mmol/l.

Reactions: 25 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Just to let you know something I have found out over last few months
Roasted salted peanuts in M&S is only 3 to 4g per 100g whereas in lets say Lidl is 14g????

Reactions: 11 people

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just to let you know something I have found out over last few months
Roasted salted peanuts in M&S is only 3 to 4g per 100g whereas in lets say Lidl is 14g????
Fabulous - thank you. I'll need to check those out. Must be the oil they're roasted with or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.