Hello, Type1 from Adelaide, Australia

notoriousnick

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi All

I've lurked a couple of weeks, now posting for first time.

I was diagnosed as Type 1 43 years ago at age 12. I've been using a pump for almost ten years now - currently an Animas Vibe with Dexcom CGM. I've only had the CGM component for a day or two, but am loving it. No complications and I exercise a lot - mostly running.

Just wanted to say hello and to say that I enjoy this site - the articles and the posts.

Cheers,
Nicholas

Reactions: 2 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do and Welcome...so much information can be found within its pages :):playful:

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Good to hear the Dexcom stuff works OK as I have a few shares!

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome :D I'm glad that you have made your first post, and look forward to seeing you around here . I'm sure you have a lot to contribute to the discussions :)

Signy

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Welcome Nicholas :) I'm Victorian. There's a few Australians around so enjoy a great community .... but just do NOT ask @Heathenlass if she can sing .... sorry ... inside joke

Mike.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi All

I've lurked a couple of weeks, now posting for first time.

I was diagnosed as Type 1 43 years ago at age 12. I've been using a pump for almost ten years now - currently an Animas Vibe with Dexcom CGM. I've only had the CGM component for a day or two, but am loving it. No complications and I exercise a lot - mostly running.

Just wanted to say hello and to say that I enjoy this site - the articles and the posts.

Cheers,

Nicholas

Hello and a big welcome to you :)

Best wishes RRB

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum Nicolas, I bet you've seen some changes in diabetes care in your 43 years :)