urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I think what they say in the small print is 2g per serving.

According to this there are 14g in each bar - so a 2 finger Kit Kat is cheaper and "I think " only has 12g.

upload_2015-6-9_13-19-59.png

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you may also need to look carefully at the list of ingredients:
INGREDIENTS: Sweeteners (maltitol), Cocoa butter, Whole milk powder, Cocoa mass, Sustainable palm fat, Rice flour, Potato starch, Teff flour, Soy flour, Emulsifier (soy lecithin), Skimmed cocoa powder, Coconut oil, Egg yolk, Flavour, Salt, Raising agent (sodium carbonate).

Which don't seem to me to be particularly diabetetes friendly, and personally I wouldn't choose to eat any of the Atlikins commercial stuff. And I'm not sure that he would either if he was still with us. :wideyed:

Robbity

Reactions: 8 people

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Alpen light double chocolate cerial bars are 11g per bar. Alternatively try and cultivate a taste for dark chocolate and have a couple of small pieces of 70 or if you can take it 85% actual chocolate if you have cravings.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having tried Atkins stuff (in that trying everything LC phase) I have to say they were always disappointing and artificial tasting.

I prefer good 70% choc and 9Bars. Both are fine for my BG.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. This chocolate contains Polyols (sugar alcohols) which are still carbs but a bit less so. They can cause diarrhea if you have too many. I would stick with 85% Dark chocolate such as Green & Blacks

Reactions: 4 people

pmtbrew

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dark chocolate is the way to go, you need to eat less to get the same kick as milk chocolate. Try 100% chocolate.

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dark chocolate is the way to go, you need to eat less to get the same kick as milk chocolate. Try 100% chocolate.
I love the Lindt 90% chocolate - I just eat a single square (10g) at a time which has 1.4g carbs and it very satisfying. I've tried a couple of 100% bars but not massively keen on it