Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
just finished a shift and decided to post in here Hope all are having a great day :)

Reactions: 5 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting (9am) at 6.3, after similar pre and post late supper readings of 6.4 -> 6.1.
But 7.4 after breakfast of coffee and cream which shouldn't do that. :eek:

Robbity

Reactions: 13 people

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone know how to turn of alerts ?
If you click on your username at the top right hand corner of the page, (just to the left of the alert flag) there's a drop down menu and in amongst the options is one for 'alert preferences'.

Reactions: 4 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Nice consistency there @WeeFergus. Are you boozing, sorry I mean, medicating at the mo?

No, Baruney, I'm not medicating at the moment. The last time I experimented it didn't seem to make much difference so I gave it up as a lost cause for the time being. I would really like to settle in the 5s somewhere before my next HbA1c test in December. I don't think I'd be happy at anything lower. Watch this space.

Reactions: 7 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to let you know something I have found out over last few months
Roasted salted peanuts in M&S is only 3 to 4g per 100g whereas in lets say Lidl is 14g????
It's amazing how much they vary. I'm sure aldi' s chilli nuts come in at circa 6 but will have to check next time I'm in.

jason134

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment
8.4 this morning been busy today only just got online. work hey!

Reactions: 18 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's amazing how much they vary. I'm sure aldi' s chilli nuts come in at circa 6 but will have to check next time I'm in.

Something dodgy about those figures - peanuts are peanuts. If there is a big difference in the typical carb content it's likely to be a mistake.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Something dodgy about those figures - peanuts are peanuts. If there is a big difference in the typical carb content it's likely to be a mistake.
That's what I'm thinking but will have to look into it next time I'm there. Dry roasted tend to be lower carb than salted. No clue why.

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Having become an avid label reader while supermarket shopping I have noticed that Asda's "Chosen by you" peanut butter has 2 different carb readings for their smooth (10.8g/100g) & crunchy (4.6g/100g). I always thought that curious.

Reactions: 8 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having become an avid label reader while supermarket shopping I have noticed that Asda's "Chosen by you" peanut butter has 2 different carb readings for their smooth (10.8g/100g) & crunchy (4.6g/100g). I always thought that curious.

That's different as there are other ingredients in the peanut butter mix. If it's just roasted peanuts afaik they just roast the peanuts and add some salt. Roasted peanuts can also go through a stage of being cooked in oil but I can't really see how this would alter the carb content much compared to plain roasting.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just to let you know something I have found out over last few months
Roasted salted peanuts in M&S is only 3 to 4g per 100g whereas in lets say Lidl is 14g????
After much experimenting I decided to "roast my own", so I buy raw redskins from Tesco from the World Foods isle and roast them in oven. I anyone interested, I can share tech, the end is yummm...;-)

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.