What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
From one extreme to another...14.9 yesterday...2.2 today...I give up
Its a question of balance natalie....i guarantee you , if you eat four very measured and balanced low carb high fat meals over a month your bs will stabilise. Mine has

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its a question of balance natalie....i guarantee you , if you eat four very measured and balanced low carb high fat meals over a month your bs will stabilise. Mine has

Thing is...that is exactly what I have been doing...and my control has been incredibly stable...averaging between 4-9 for well over a month...which makes it even more of a shock to get such unexpected highs. My readings during the day are still near on perfect...to the point I'm quite smug a lot of the time. I can only assume that the recent highs are down to a possible bug..I'm a bit snuffly at the minute.

The low...I just don't know...having done a load of basal testing recently and managed to get my Levemir spot on...I've not changed the dose...went to bed on 6.2...woke up on 2.2...the only thing I can put it down to is that I had an early night last night...took my insulin a tiny bit earlier than normal...I guess this would do it as I probably still had some active insulin in my system :(...we live an learn eh.

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Thank you! Not so good this morning, 11.3 - think I'm paying for being a bit naughty yesterday :oops:
I worry about the rises over 2 mmol because such rises do harm to the nervous system even short time, its better to stay a little high,say 6-7 mmol rather than experience jumps of more than 2 mmol, you may like to check out dr r bernsteins's 2 nd edition Diabetes explained for a more detailed explanation .all the best to you

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Thing is...that is exactly what I have been doing...and my control has been incredibly stable...averaging between 4-9 for well over a month...which makes it even more of a shock to get such unexpected highs. My readings during the day are still near on perfect...to the point I'm quite smug a lot of the time. I can only assume that the recent highs are down to a possible bug..I'm a bit snuffly at the minute.

The low...I just don't know...having done a load of basal testing recently and managed to get my Levemir spot on...I've not changed the dose...went to bed on 6.2...woke up on 2.2...the only thing I can put it down to is that I had an early night last night...took my insulin a tiny bit earlier than normal...I guess this would do it as I probably still had some active insulin in my system :(...we live an learn eh.
Hi natalie, it must be frustrating as you are doing all the right things,as a t2 on metformin i don't know that much about the various doses of the meds your on ,so keep up the good work

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
7.9. Up again. I blame the small slice of Victoria sandwich I had yesterday. Well, it would be rude to refuse a friends gift. Wouldn't it? ;)

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.8 this morning :) cake I love cake or used to ;)