Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. My fasting reading this morning was 6.8 after a 6.9 at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 17 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
7.1 mmol / L this morning.
7.8 mmol / L at bed time.

Bed time was before 1am and morning test definitely past my dawn phenomenon time - lie in as day off work today!

Not best pleased with those readings but, I know why they are so high - 102g of carbs yesterday!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
7.2 this morning. Bleeuugh!

I had a good day all of yesterday numbers wise, so was hoping for another good start today, but had a bad night, with assorted interruptions, so I think that must be part of it. I also had an odd issue with my insulin injection last night (first use of a new pen) and know I lost about 3 units as I pulled the needle out. It leaked around the seal this morning, so I'm just going to trash it and start a new one. I hate wasting things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Disappointing to hear the D UK meeting was like you reported...
Who got the £100?
Cheers
Hj
The lady standing next to me in the avatar. She's the one responsible for there being a kit kat in the fridge as well!

Reactions: 5 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this am
Been on holiday all week but still managed to keep the carbs down (does red wine count?)
Last 6 days has been:
6.1 (today - after a long drive home)
All depends on the quantity! YES red wine is low carb but have too much and you not only are tabbing up the carbs in the wine you should also count whatever you raided from the fridge due to the munchies (unless you hide the wrapper - then you don't have to count the extra carbs).

Reactions: 11 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Having lost pretty much all the visceral fat around my middle, I've found I can tolerate carbs better now so tried a bit of a experiment last night:

I had a chicken tikka (with salad) from the local takeaway which isn't too bad, but added a chapatti (couldn't resist!). Reading before was 5.2. The highest my blood went was 7.2 (after 45 minutes) and it was 6.4 after 2 hours.

Was a bit nervous about this mornings reading but it was 4.9 so it looks like my hard work over the last 7 months or so really has improved my tolerance of carbs. I have no intention of going back to my old way of eating but it's nice to know I can cope if I have to
Congratulations @phil1966. Couldn't agree more. It can be hard work but the benefits (or necessary) is plain to see.

Three Cheers for Phil

Hip hip..

Reactions: 15 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got my new BG meter, so I can play again :)

This morning 6.9, after a bedtime reading of 5.6. Is the dawn phenomenon related to fatty liver? Because I still have it, I'm sure, despite some weight loss.

Reactions: 13 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

5.6 fasting. Stuck in the office so hope the fine weather continues over the weekend and is not just being a teaser.

Reactions: 21 people

Reades

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.6 I have been LCHF since diagnosis in mid March - have lost nearly three stone and my bs has been coming down - but I just cant get the morning fasting reading below 6.5 and mostly it is in the 7's. This week I have had an upset stomach and my bs is all over the place so yesterday my fasting bs was in the 9s... this makes me so anxious which I think then makes my bs go even higher? Not sure what I am saying here other than I thought after 3 months LCHF I would be having the same 4s and 5s that others are seeing on here :(

Reactions: 16 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning playmates...dull and no sunshine but a quite splendid 4.7 this morning :D

Reactions: 19 people
Status
Not open for further replies.