Letter for airport security

ck18

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
KellyK - thanks for the advice on going through with the trio - wouldn't have thought of that.

colsan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks so much for the advice everyone. First time I've flown since diagnosis as T1 and was feeling a little apprehensive - now I can relax about it. :)

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wondering if anyone has used a handwritten letter detailing what meds they need to carry with them for airport security?

Today my lovely GP insisted she just write me a letter so I didn't have to pay for a typewritten one. I explained that I wasn't sure whether this would suffice but she assured me it would be ok.

Anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks

Shirl Bill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just wondering if anyone has used a handwritten letter detailing what meds they need to carry with them for airport security?

Today my lovely GP insisted she just write me a letter so I didn't have to pay for a typewritten one. I explained that I wasn't sure whether this would suffice but she assured me it would be ok.

Anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks
Never had any problems I'm type 2 I'm on metformin I carry in my hand luggage been ok

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've flown 8 times since diagnoses last year. Only problems I've had have been in France. Once I showed them the letter they stopped searching my bag.
I would always take one just incase you get a real jobsworth!

My GP don't charge but my hospital said if the GP does charge, they will issue one for free.

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Never even thought about taking a letter in my 2.5yrs I've been taking insulin abroad. i just treat it like any other liquid or gel, haven't been challenged on about 50 flights in that period.

HaroldC

Mexico looked a bit "funny" at me for insulin & stuff. US, NZ, France, Spain all seem pretty unperturbed by it all. Sometimes you get a youngster on security who'll try and insist on my pump going through x-ray, but their colleagues soon put 'em right.