Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a bit lazy about posting in this thread, but have had a look because I have started to test more frequently. I had a fright after last HbA1c of 41 showed I was heading back to pre-diabetes levels. Had maintained HbA1c of between 34 - 38 for a few years. Recent BGs had been creeping up into 6s and averages gone from 5.5 to 6.4. Not a big leap, but enough to make me take action.
Glad to report reducing carb =feel better. Fasting yesterday 5.0, post prandial 5.2. Feel less aches and pains when in 5 range.

Reactions: 26 people

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
mornning to you all, last night was 8.1 and this morning was 9.4
snack on crackers an bit cheese gotto stop doing that

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 14 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 was very nice yesterday but back to 5.3 this morning. Big dinner yesterday again but no naughty carbs. Trotted down to urgent care yesterday because the 'infection' I mentioned a few days ago got decidedly worse, overnight. So now on antibiotics and already feeling much better! Doc, who has a weight problem himself, was very interested in my diabetes and told me he was inspired by my achievement :)

Reactions: 23 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
7.3 mmol / L this morning.
10.0 mmol / L at bed time.

Shocking bed time reading was 1 hour post prandial a mini cornetto!

I was told "Go on, one won't kill you - you've got to live."

My reply was "It's precisely that kind of attitude that gets people into vulnerable positions with food!"

I then said "I'll tell you what - I'll do a test now and then 1 hour later to demonstrate how it will affect me."

Pre prandial 5.4 mmol / L and 10.0 mmol / L after 1 hour.

Funnily enough they agreed to test in parallel with me -

Pre prandial 3.8 mmol / L
Post prandial 4.6 mmol / L

I then showed them that 10.0 mmol / L is classed as hyperglycaemic and therefore at heightened risk of complications and said "although one won't kill me - it puts me at risk and given the addictive nature of carbohydrates it could lead me to another and another and eventually deaths door!"

Point made. If there was any humble pie - they'd have had to eat it! ;)

Reactions: 24 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

My reply was "It's precisely that kind of attitude that gets people into vulnerable positions with food!"

I then said "I'll tell you what - I'll do a test now and then 1 hour later to demonstrate how it will affect me."

I then showed them that 10.0 mmol / L is classed as hyperglycaemic and therefore at heightened risk of complications and said "although one won't kill me - it puts me at risk and given the addictive nature of carbohydrates it could lead me to another and another and eventually deaths door!"

Looked up on google what is "mimi cornetto"..................have you no shame man?

Reactions: 9 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Looked up on google what is "mimi cornetto"..................have you no shame man?

LOL

Nope - no shame - never had any! ;)

In fairness I only ate it to prove my point / as an aid to education of an ignorant fool.

Aim to work really hard at carbohydrate levels and ketosis this week. OMG - now I've gone and announced it! ;)

Reactions: 17 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning

Did you test after 2 hours - you may have been surprised! I ate something the other day that was pre 5.6, 1 hour after 9.0 :nailbiting:, 2 hours after 7.1 but 3 hours after 5.8

Reactions: 15 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning......am taking a mini break from testing so much....I know pretty much how my lunches affect me now so won't test for lunch unless I try something new. My poor fingers need a rest from being pricked so much. So now I test FBG...before dinner and at bedtime....unless I try new food.

Reactions: 25 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 after a bedtime sugar of 5.9, was 2hrs later than norm as had a lie in, was also 30 mins overdue taking metformin too!

Reactions: 18 people
Status
Not open for further replies.