Repeat prescription service

JohnCopus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone use a repeat prescription service for there med's I've been having trouble getting to my doctors in person to order my prescription med's and that's the only way my practice let's you order them I was thinking of starting a repeatprescription service with boots does anyone use them or and what they like ?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes, I use them for me and the wife and get them delivered.

Just ask your local pharmacy, they will set it all up for you.

Then you phone pharmacy, every time you need your meds. They deliver two to three days later.
You must order them though, it's not automatic!
Simples!

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Previously used the repeat service with my local pharmacy but now order my prescriptions through the gp surgery's website, @JohnCopus check to see if your surgery provides this service too.

1103andrewb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being single after losing my wife to cancer last year xxx
I use my local Sainsburys pharmacy. Every 4 weeks They inform me that I have my 4 trays of meds ready to collect. Morning, afternoon and nigh time tablets are put in see through dated trays so you know if you have missed any. They order them from my surgery, nothing for me to do. My surgery also has an on line repeat service which I use to order my Diabetic stuff which I use because I can use insulin at different amounts each month, so order when I need. Also let me order test strips when I need. GOOD LUCK GETTING THINGS SORTED.

HaileyCropper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ask your surgery if they use the Patient Access service - they should be able to give you a number, consisting of the surgery reference number and your own personal reference number, and then you can order on line. You still have to go and collect the prescription though, and our surgery asks for 3 days from request to collection - but you could order several days before you need them and then pick them up at your leisure. Also, there's a space for comments, so if you have holiday coming up you can order two months worth.

Equally, you could just phone your request through to the surgery.

Good luck

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My chemist gets a yearly prescription from my Dr and i pick up my meds every 8 weeks. Have a word with your chemist they may be able to do the same