What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Breakfast one slice of burgen bread toasted
Lunch tuna salad
Tea Liver and bacon with lots of spring greens and broccoli

Reactions: 4 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went out last night to a little Italian restaurant.
Had stuffed mushrooms in a tomato bechamel sauce
and chicken wrapped in mozzarella and pancetta, it had
A marinara sauce with that. Thought I'd picked right." WRONG"
Woke up early this morning feeling very sick and my stomach
Is swollen, rock solid more like, so god knows what was in the
Sauce... Probably oodles of carbs and sugar.. My husband who
Isn't diabetic has been following the LCHF with me, was also
Unwell and had visited the toilet more than once.:(
Ah well ' live and learn'.
Hope you're better by now! I agree with Kateincornwall, sounds like there was something wrong with the food, rather than just the sugar/carb quantity. Although, tomato sauces can be quite carby and often have added sugar.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: delicious egg, bacon, sausage. Rather a lot, actually.
smiley.png
coffee n cream
L: not needed!
D: in oven at the mo. Moussaka and big green salad.

Tescos delivery this pm, so I had to make freezer room (hence the moussaka) - now have coconut milk in powder form.
thumbup.gif
but I keep remembering things I didn't put on the order
bash.gif
The chicken curry will have to wait til tomorrow. :)

Reactions: 8 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon, mushroom & spinach fry-up, protein pancake (first try, was a tad dry without the lashings of maple syrup)

L: creamy greens soup, L/O moussaka

D: courgetti in creamy bacon & dolcelatte sauce

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: chia seed coffee cocoa peanut butter, almonds and pecans, with rasps
11's: Black coffee
L: celery, olives, chorizo, cauliflower, sauerkraut
5's: Black tea
D: Chicken in ham, fried, cabbage fried in coconut oil and pine kernals, avocado toms and garlic, leftover roast butternut, 2 chocs and a glass of red wine. mouthful of rasps... :happy:

Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2x coffee n cream. Forgot to eat.
L: crustless quiche and a 9 bar
S: cos Mr B objected to eating when I wanted to eat. So I HAD to eat a 15gcarb mini pork pie. Horrible thing. Didn't enjoy it, but it lasted exactly as long as I wanted it to, so a fine result.
D: haddock and salmon with green beans in a cheese and cream sauce, served with field mushrooms and sugarsnaps. Forgot pud (again). It would have been berries.

Reactions: 6 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon, mushroom & spinach fry-up, protein pancake (first try, was a tad dry without the lashings of maple syrup)

L: creamy greens soup, L/O moussaka

D: courgetti in creamy bacon & dolcelatte sauce
The recipe for that courgette creamy bacon thingy would be good ....pretty please :)

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast....skipped it
Lunch ....Lidl roll with Boursin soft herb and garlic cheese, crispy bacon and a little homegrown spinach
Dinner.....Chicken breast cooked in butter with broccoli and cauliflower and aocado
raspberries and jelly

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:) Hi All,

Brekky: Coffee, 3 lovely half boiled eggs (skipping butter for my 2 week LDL experiment), more lovely coffee
Dinner: Grilled Salmon, with broccoli, sliced yellow pepper, cherry tomatoes, grilled garlic, pickled mushrooms/goat cheese topped off with some basil infused & lemon infused olive oil.

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
B- 2 hardboiled eggs & 4 slices bacon
Snack- coffee with cream
L- vegetable salad w/ vinaigrette and 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 avocado
Snack- 1oz macadamia nuts and 1oz cheddar
Another Snack- ring bologna
D- bunless olive burger, coleslaw (homemade dressing), and two large strawberries

I ate all day long. Truly.

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The recipe for that courgette creamy bacon thingy would be good ....pretty please :)
Couldn't be simpler! Gently fry some chopped streaky bacon (2 rashers per person) in a knob of butter and attack your courgette with a julienne peeler to make "spaghetti" (you can also use a spiraliser, I don't have that, or an ordinary potato peeler to make fettuccine-style ribbons). I use 1 smallish courgette per person, but discard the core as the seeds are too crumbly for this dish. Add the courgetti to the bacon and stir for about a minute or two, until the strips start to soften; sprinkle with a little salt, pepper and ground garlic (if using chopped garlic, put it in before the courgettes). Lastly, pour in a good glug of cream and crumble in most of the dolcelate (or any other) cheese; stir for a couple of minutes until the sauce has thickened a little, and serve with the rest of the cheese and coarse ground black pepper on top. Yum! :D

Reactions: 13 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Couldn't be simpler! Gently fry some chopped streaky bacon (2 rashers per person) in a knob of butter and attack your courgette with a julienne peeler to make "spaghetti" (you can also use a spiraliser, I don't have that, or an ordinary potato peeler to make fettuccine-style ribbons). I use 1 smallish courgette per person, but discard the core as the seeds are too crumbly for this dish. Add the courgetti to the bacon and stir for about a minute or two, until the strips start to soften; sprinkle with a little salt, pepper and ground garlic (if using chopped garlic, put it in before the courgettes). Lastly, pour in a good glug of cream and crumble in most of the dolcelate (or any other) cheese; stir for a couple of minutes until the sauce has thickened a little, and serve with the rest of the cheese and coarse ground black pepper on top. Yum! :D
OMG that sounds divine....thank you so much. I am sooo going to make that....:D

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Will give that a go, thanks for posting. Hj

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Larissima Thanks for the courgetti thingy.

B: Whole grain oats with other stuff which I shouldn't be able to have but get away with somehow
L: (picnic on allotment) gram flour pancake with cheddar, salad of rocket, sorrel, mangetout & beetroot ( all from allotment) with broccoli & ham*
D: Keralan masala beef curry with hot gram flour pancake, steamed mangetout & broccoli

*Tip: if while lunching on allotment you find you have forgotten the cutlery, fashion chopsticks from spare bamboo canes. Sadly, I took a selfie :bored:

June%2023%2012_zpsl8vmj7fe.jpg

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Larissima Thanks for the courgetti thingy.

B: Whole grain oats with other stuff which I shouldn't be able to have but get away with somehow
L: (picnic on allotment) gram flour pancake with cheddar, salad of rocket, sorrel, mangetout & beetroot ( all from allotment) with broccoli & ham*
D: Keralan masala beef curry with hot gram flour pancake, steamed mangetout & broccoli

*Tip: if while lunching on allotment you find you have forgotten the cutlery, fashion chopsticks from spare bamboo canes. Sadly, I took a selfie :bored:

June%2023%2012_zpsl8vmj7fe.jpg
Who needs Bear Grylls....survival at it's best :D I enjoyed my own home grown spinach today :)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: standard Chia seeds et al and rasps
L: standard celery, olives, feta, sauerkraut (SK) and chorizo with chopped garlic for kick.
D: Haddock coated in almonds, spinach fried garlic boursin cheese and loads of SK, one choc, rasps and sour cream.
May have eaten too much.... but not sure.
Rasps are lovely.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2x coffee n cream. Finally broke down and bought a Costa travel mug thing, so I can buy one on my way into work each morning (sml Americano decaf with pouring cream). That's the 2nd one. The first is a small one as soon as my feet hit the kitchen tiles each morning.
L: crustless quiche and 9bar.
D: chicken thigh korma with onion bhaji and sugarsnaps. Followed by homemade choc coconut yog (more a drinking yog actually, but very successful)

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Greek yoghurt with strawberries, coffee with cream;
L: 1/2 Lidl low carb hi protein roll with creamy omelette filled with asparagus, philadelphia & smoked salmon, coffee & cream;
D: Salmon fillet, Boursin filled portobella mushroom, leeks, carrots & runner beans all coated with a cheese sauce.

This was all a bit much as I wasn't really hungry for the evening meal. Tomorrow I'll cut down to a breakfast coffee, brunch & dinner I think.

Wildrover

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Love it, first on my wish list, thanks @Larissima,