New to BG testing..

auburn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,

I have recently been diagnosed with T2 diabetes and have decided to test my blood sugar levels to find out what foods are causing me issues. For the past 2 months, I have eaten what I thought was a healthy balanced diet, and lost a bit of weight, but I got my monitor a week ago and my fasting BG is still high, rarely under 11mmol/L in the morning, and my other symptoms are not really getting better. I still get monster headaches, drowsiness, and feel really thirsty a lot of the time.

I'm starting to test to find out what foods affect my levels and in what ways, but I just wanted to ask...
What should I be looking for, 2 hours after eating? Today I was 10.1 before my breakfast, I had poached eggs on a toasted soda bread roll, and 2 hrs later I was 13.8. I'm not sure what the "ideal" case is? Should I expect it to be almost back to my "before meal" reading, or not really? I should have taken the 1 hr reading too, I think. Oops.

I don't want to punish my pancreas any longer, poor thing!

auburn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ooh I just found there's a Blood Glucose Monitoring bit of the forum, off I trot to read there!!

Reactions: 2 people