What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
6.9 this morning - still under 7 yay!

Reactions: 2 people

uart

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I was at 6.5 this morning, which is about normal for me.

Over the past week my lowest (morning fasting reading) has been 6.1 and my highest 8.3. Most of the time it's around 6 to 7 though.

I'm on insulin now, so I could make it lower if I wanted. However I try to take the very minimum amount to just keep me under 7 most of the time.

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.3 before bed and 4.8 this morning. Bigger drop than I wanted but walked 8 miles yesterday so better having them slightly higher.

Reactions: 4 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
6.6 this morning

Reactions: 3 people

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
6.1 today :)

Reactions: 3 people

Zebediah

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have an interesting observation to add to this thread. I used to think my waking levels were around about 5.5 to 6.5. However since using the Freestyle libre continuous glucose monitor i realise my levels are typically lower (approx 4.5 to 5.0). Howevert as soon as i open my eyes my levels start to increase.... its amazing how fast it happens. so my levels can be great all night, but i then think they are high if i only look at my "waking" levels.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I have an interesting observation to add to this thread. I used to think my waking levels were around about 5.5 to 6.5. However since using the Freestyle libre continuous glucose monitor i realise my levels are typically lower (approx 4.5 to 5.0). Howevert as soon as i open my eyes my levels start to increase.... its amazing how fast it happens. so my levels can be great all night, but i then think they are high if i only look at my "waking" levels.
Hmmmm,its known as the liver function,your liver prepares for action and gives your body a shot of glucose ready for the day......

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals