I've Lost Weight on Metformin

Sharon_1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing ok.

Just to let you know I have been on Metformin 2000mg a day for 2 months and I've lost 2 and a half stone in that time I am also following a low carb diet which will have definitely helped.

Anyone else lost weight?

Shazzie xx

Reactions: 6 people

TheFish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Just to let you know I have been on Metformin 2000mg a day for 2 months and I've lost 2 and a half stone in that time I am also following a low carb diet which will have definitely helped.

Anyone else lost weight?

Shazzie xx
Congrats on your weight loss , Ive had my metformin upped to 2000 mg a day hopefully it works for me too lol

Peter Pieman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi your not the only one there , I was diagnosed with type 2 in March and was 20 stone (I am a six foot 3 inch man mind) . Now I'm 16 stone and counting !!. I take three Metformin 500 mg a day.

Reactions: 3 people

Andi01224

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yip I'm on 1000mgs a day and to date (a little over a year) I've lost 5 stone, which I badly needed to lose!

Shirl Bill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Anyone else lost weight?

Shazzie xx
I'm on metformin lost weight also it's like a two in one tablet

angie_mia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well I must be the only one who hasn't lost waight on it, since I became a diabetic 4 years ago I have gained over 3 stone on these pills and cant shift it, any advice ?

Reactions: 2 people

maek1953

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, egnorant people. Early morning alarm clocks.
well I must be the only one who hasn't lost waight on it, since I became a diabetic 4 years ago I have gained over 3 stone on these pills and cant shift it, any advice

maek1953

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, egnorant people. Early morning alarm clocks.
This is my first time replying on here. I also have not lost weight, but I am down 2 dress sizes. Can anyone tell me why this has happened. Been type 2 for 8 yrs diet controlled until Jan this year. Now on 2000 Metformin per day. Honestly no weight loss.

Riss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
well I must be the only one who hasn't lost waight on it, since I became a diabetic 4 years ago I have gained over 3 stone on these pills and cant shift it, any advice ?
Same for me I've been on if for over 5 years and not lost anything?

matrond

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, just joined the forum and I am grateful to have my say. I wish I could lose weight, it is the only thing in my life that gets me down. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Pajero1us

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No you not I have been on 1000mg twice a day for three years, not lost a ounce, and I have to work hard to keep my weight stable. And I would so much like to lose a stone or two.

JUNE56

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have been hoping my GP would put me on metformin as I've been told it helps you lose weight. Unfortunately she wants to see if I can control my diabetes with healthy eating.

Ejjsmith23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have literally just been put on metaformin in the last 3 weeks and I've to build up the dose over 6 weeks to the 2000g. I've had a pretty dodgy tummy on them. But my diabetes Dr actually put me on them specifically for my weight and shugar control. I'm type 1 and have been for 13 years now. I've always had a problem keeping my weight down. So I hope to God that the tablets do work! Xxx

pete22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
my metformin are 850mg each and I take 3 per day and I have lost 3 stone

Last edited by a moderator:

melvyn27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am on 2000mg of Metformin and have been for some time with no weight loss. Weight loss is sometimes due to the stress of being told you are Type 2 and your mind coming to terms with it.

GemB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I take 2000mg of Metformin daily and 110 units of insulin daily and I have gained 2 and 1/2 stone in 5 years which I find very depressing. I just think my metabolism is not co-operating! I was diagnosed with type 2 in1996 and eat plenty of fruit and veg. Drink plenty of fluids daily and watch my carbs. Exercise is hard as I have fused discs in my spine and osteoarthritis.