Omnipod

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi people

I have a Omnipod and the thing I struggle with the most is what direction to go in on different sites. Is it just me? Or do other have some tips?

irrationalJohn

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
hi people

I have a Omnipod and the thing I struggle with the most is what direction to go in on different sites. Is it just me? Or do other have some tips?
I am not sure I understand what you are asking. Are you asking for suggestions on which direction to align your Omnipod for different insertion locations on your body?

Have you been having problems doing it whichever way you now do it?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not quite sure what you mean Fayefaye, if you asking what postion the pods are to be placed on the skin then it says in so in the User Manual (page 51), I've got mine in front of me and it says:

For the Pods to work best, apply it:

Crosswise or at a slight angle on your abdomen, hip, lower back, or buttocks.

Up and down or at a slight angle on your upper arm or thigh.

At least one inch away from the last site.

I've got my current pod on my top right arm, the cannula end is pointing down as per the User Manual instructions.

Reactions: 2 people

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh thank you apologises for my not making sense but you have answered what I need so happy thank you. I will hunt down my manual

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
@Fayefaye1429, if you go on youtube there's some good video's of people who use the Omnipod Pump and many offer tips and advice about applying the pods, nearly all are from the USA and some vids are a few years old (you may notice they are using the old style pods) but nonetheless they are still worth watching.

livitridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have it facing down, always. The canula must be towards the bottom in my experience because if the sticker starts to peel at the other end (the top) it means the canula will still be on ok. Hope this makes sense lol