FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
I agree about showing the range and where it's moving, but you have to admit that when it's so far off (2.3 when I was actually 4.6) is nbg !!!!

Shaggy 1974, now that's what I was looking for. Even a difference of 0.5 would be fine with me. In fact I'd be delighted.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi June,

It is very frustrating when you have a bad sensor. I reckon I have had maybe 20% bad sensors overall. Like you, my first sensor was very poor and people kept talking about time lags etc - while it is true there are time lags, it was not causing the issue - it was just a bad sensor. Don't let a bad first experience put you off - they are amazing when they work well.

Smidge

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Thanks Smidge. I'm not put off, in fact I'm even more determined to get a sensor that reflects my bg reasonably accurately as. like you, I think they're an amazing piece of kit for us Ds and after all we need all the help we can get:)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does the Libre use its blood test result to calibrate the sensor further - so the more blood tests you do the more accurate it gets? (within it's allowable tolerences!)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does the Libre use its blood test result to calibrate the sensor further - so the more blood tests you do the more accurate it gets? (within it's allowable tolerences!)
Sadly not

misswhiplash

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not according to Abbott, but perhaps some other folk have them placed elsewhere.

Other people on the FB group have definitely used legs and tummies. Personally I quite like the arm, so haven't tried.
Apparently the accuracy has been as good if not better in most cases.

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I place the sensors on my upper leg and the accuracy has been fine. I expect the only reason Abbott show only the arm area is because that's the only place that they tested/underwent clinical trials in relation to.

TimWJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Where exactly does the package come from ?
A new forum member here, I will post an intro in the welcome section this evening.

I got my invitation to order on Tuesday morning, I ordered within minutes and it was here this morning at 10:30!. It came from Paris and was delivered by DPD.

So far It is working brilliantly, but unfortunately it did not prevent a Hypo. it is certainly going to be the start of another steep learning curve, but hopefully worth it.

I am certainly envious of all the lovely gentle Libre graphs posted on here, I am sure mine will look more like the Himalayas!

Tim.

Reactions: 4 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
So far It is working brilliantly, but unfortunately it did not prevent a Hypo. it is certainly going to be the start of another steep learning curve, but hopefully worth it.
Please don't expect it to prevent a hypo - it is not a real time feed with alerts.

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
What's the stuff that people use to make it waterproof? I am going on a beach holiday (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!) and will be swimming much.

TimWJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Please don't expect it to prevent a hypo - it is not a real time feed with alerts.

I think that the Libre did amazing well. Early afternoon on Libre read 4.3 dropping fast, my meter (Freestyle Insulinx) read 4.2. So I took 20G carb as fruit juice and carried on working on fitting a towbar to my car, 40 mins later, I felt low, the Lire read 3.1 and dropping, my meter read 2.5. Coming out of hypo the Libre lagged and did not stop reporting LO until my meter was reading 5.4, and when the Libre read 5.4 my meter read 7.4, but I guess that is to be expected.

In 20 years I have never had such a prolonged hypo with repeated glucose corrections. I think I messed up my injections this morning, and ending up having 2 Basal injections and no Bolus!!

Overall I am very impressed by the Libre on day 1, even though it has been a difficult day.

Incidentally what is the difference when the Libre gives just a reading without an arrow compared to when it has a horizontal arrow?

Tim.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh if any of you guys have instagram you can follow my 14 day challenge where I'm posting my graphs every day for 14 days. You can join in too :)

@t1emmotha

And we're doing the same on the facebook group

Reactions: 2 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh if any of you guys have instagram you can follow my 14 day challenge where I'm posting my graphs every day for 14 days. You can join in too :)

@t1emmotha

And we're doing the same on the facebook group
I had potato wedges today so have ruined my flat graph ;)

obates

Hi everyone! I already have Freestyle Livre. At this moment i don't ever use it. For people who have a little of experience with that... can you explain me what are the cares that you must have? And can you go to beach using this?

From my experience it gets overheated when in direct sunlight and then you unable to have readings as it needs to cool down. It still works just not able to see readings. Not sure if sand might be a problem or not if it gets into the sensor...