Urinary infection

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all any body suffer from urine infections due to being type 1 I am in hospital and doctors have just told me that being type 1 is cause
They are saying it is nerve damage but I have only been diabetic for just over 2 1/2 years so would not think anything would have happened that quick

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
If it is Nephropathy then it has developed quite quick given the length of time you have had diabetes, but running high bg levels all the time can lead to more Urinary Tract Infections and if you do a Google search it will say as much.

Anyway I hope they get you sorted Robert and your back home soon.

Reactions: 2 people

Ladybirdy75

Yes i get them, at least three or four a year and that's despite drinking lots of water, a healthy diet, exercise and (half) decent bg's. I got diagnosed with nephropathy back in '93 and luckily for me it's stayed at the high end of normal or just past (stage 3 I'm sure the doc once said) since that time. I'm sure mine is more hump related though

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
Hope you well very quickly,best wishes

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks all I have a 2 week sick line so plenty of rest and reading up on what I can do to try and do before I go back to see the consultant

rubold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I looked at this's too and once asked my GP about whether it was a good thing to take and she just pulled a face. Suppose she would really though

Indeed, if it's not manufactured by big pharma, then most GP's aren't interested. It is just a simple sugar so certainly can't do any harm to try it and will not affect blood glucose levels.