Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At last you found some..:) If you are at all sensitive to bread maybe try half of one first. ...
I've done just that to monitor my BG response. My wife & I shared one roll with half a 4 egg creamy omelette with Philadelphia, smoked salmon & butter fried asparagus tips folded inside each. Very yum.

Reactions: 6 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've done just that to monitor my BG response. My wife & I shared one roll with half a 4 egg creamy omelette with Philadelphia, smoked salmon & butter fried asparagus tips folded inside each. Very yum.
Ohhh that's a very posh Lidl roll ....I will have to up the content of mine now :D...crispy bacon just doesn't compare to smoked salmon and asparagus but I'm claiming a point for my posh cheese haha :D :p

Reactions: 3 people

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ohhh that's a very posh Lidl roll ....I will have to up the content of mine now :D...crispy bacon just doesn't compare to smoked salmon and asparagus but I'm claiming a point for my posh cheese haha :D :p
;) Just using up fridge contents after guests at the weekend - overstocked. Now meals are prepared with so many fresh ingredients I've got to get a handle on quantities to buy, etc.

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
;) Just using up fridge contents after guests at the weekend - overstocked. Now meals are prepared with so many fresh ingredients I've got to get a handle on quantities to buy, etc.
Phew....thought we had a budding Jamie Oliver....:)....I still need to be more adventurous and try more new foods

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi cant get them at my local don`t know if that is they don`t stock them or they have just run out ,would love to try them ,getting fed up with wholemeal bread:(
Same with me mine does not do them either they are only in selected stores. I emailed them and they said they may do them at other stores at some time

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Same with me mine does not do them either they are only in selected stores. I emailed them and they said they may do them at other stores at some time
They are getting very popular and they would be crazy not to get them out to more stores. I am going tomorrow to get a dozen to put in the freezer...(started with buying just one ...then three.....then six....see where I'm going with this ? haha :D )

Reactions: 4 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went into Lidl yesterday to get a weeks worth of rolls and to my horror there were only 4 in the basket :( I asked if they had any more and was told they would be baking more at lunchtime. I couldn't wait so went back today and successfully got the missing ones I needed. The baker was just putting some other rolls out and said morning...you were here yesterday for rolls weren't you? I said yes and he recalled what I had asked about having anymore of them. He asked how many I needed to buy at one time and what day I want them and after being told numbers and which day he said....I will make sure there are plenty baked and ready for you :D Now THAT is a result woohoo :D

Reactions: 8 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Get me some plese please please i will do any thing please

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A refurbished store 're opened today in Accrington the place was packed but. there were plenty of rolls some still warm so they must have. baked extra Hope it stays that way!
CAROL

annew

Popped into the forum after a long absence - caught this thread - so glad, bought my first batch of rolls today, lovely taste, no BG spike, thanks so much for the heads up!!

Anne

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I finally got some last week when I went away for a few days in my campervan - I chose the area cos they had a Lidl! Really nice, hope I can get some more, and my cheese on toast (roll) was gorgeous!

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Water, Linseeds, Wheat Protein, Soya Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Sesame, Soybean Meal, Sunflower Seeds, Wheat Bran, Oat Fiber, Yeast, Salt, Colouring Spice Extracts (Curcuma).
Nutritional Information:
Typical Values per 100g:
Energy 1194kJ/268kcal
Fat 13.4g (Of which saturates 0.4g)
Carbohydrate 8.5g (Of which sugars 0.5g)
Fibre 12.4g
Protein 26.7g
Salt 0.99g

Allergens:
May contain traces of milk and egg.

Very interesting. Stonking fibre. And apparently so little wheat flour I haven't had my usual reaction. Presumably my problem isn't the protein in wheat. Is gluten wheat protein? Have no idea... And a lovely lot of fat, presumably the seeds and soya.

I've had no bread-like bloating, water retention and thirst, either.

I don't usually eat processed stuff like this, but every now and then, when we take the in laws out for a picnic, or I really want to appear 'normal' at work...

Easier than scrolling back finding the right page :p

Reactions: 4 people

Potteron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After reading this thread I went and bought some yesterday, OMG they are delicious . I've not had any bread for 3mnths and boy did that roll hit the spot :)

honey badger

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These look very similar to the bergen type bread, freezes and defrosts ok don't fall apart,and up to now no adverse effect on my meter.
Once a week treat hoping I don't have to go down the road of making bread.