Forbidden treats..what are yours

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I Try not to Snack Between meals, some times i will have meat etc in the evening if im hungry. i would kill for a cream filled apple turnover i havnt had one in 5+ years but they are my favourite. or apple pie, for my wedding the venue made me a low sugar apple pie which was pretty kind with my blood sugars id love to know how..

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
An apple turnover is about 35g carbohydrate, you could have one at least every five years :)

Reactions: 4 people

Celsus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
An apple turnover is about 35g carbohydrate, you could have one at least every five years :)
Wicked !! ;)

Suggest he gets the apron on and start experimenting making his own low sugar version of those cream filled apple turnovers. Pretty simple creatures to make. Reduce the white or brown sugar to the absolute min in the recipe. Add up on the butter in the puff pastry + more cinnamon and hint of nutmeg into the stewed apple mix. Serve with plenty of whipped cream!

Reactions: 2 people

nmr1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nmr1991, looks like you do not have many restrictions.

What is your insulin to carb ratio, how many units do you take for the 60g nutrional shake ? Thanks
20-25g of carbs equates to 1 unit, so the shake would be 3 units give or take

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
20-25g of carbs equates to 1 unit, so the shake would be 3 units give or take

With an HbA1C of 14%, that's an average glucose level of 20.... are you sure you have your carb ratio right?

cillabrown909

I can't resist chocolate fudge cake with pouring cream, I treat myself every now and then and still can't get the dosage correct for it even tho I've done a lot of trial and error with it, I just have to pick the pieces up later with a correction dose, I'm trying to cut it out of my diet now as it really didn't agree with me :/

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
If I'm feeling good tonight I'm going to have a light supper and then have a caramel panna cotta with a drop of double cream !

Mmmmmmmmmmmm :hungry:

Atalay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I workout 6 days a week, eat proper, and by result, I inject small amount of insulin in the morning. Diet is kind of strict, I love sweets and pasta, so I punish! myself on Sundays, hah!

I start the day with various kinds of chocolate bars, then chocolate cake, apple pies, and peanut butter is next! Yes, I am very bad on Sundays. Still my HbA1C rating is around 6.7 to 7.1... Is it O.K? :)

claire_786

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chocolate cake or apple pie with custard but it's been a while since I've had that kind of stuff.. as I'm getting my hba1c down and will get my latest results on Monday

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
Chocolate cake or apple pie with custard but it's been a while since I've had that kind of stuff.. as I'm getting my hba1c down and will get my latest results on Monday

And then after it's chocolate cake or apple pie with custard ! :)

Reactions: 2 people

happier than you

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chocolate. Ice Cream. Trifle. Crisps. Burgers. Bread. I really need to try harder. :(

In my head i think, well as long as i take te insulin for it it doesn't matter. But i know in practice, it never really works like that.
The more carbs, the harder it is to get the insulin right and the more cautious i am about overdosing. Plus the higher my BG goes before it comes down, which is never good. I always end up getting to 8-10 before the next meal and wishing i'd not bothered eating the ****.

MrBrightside

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pasta (lots of pasta), cheesecake and occasionally a bag of haribo lol (hey the carbs are right there on the bag...). Seriously though anything i have to bolus 10+ units is probably something i shouldn't have and usually dont ;) I'm still learning

C-Mack

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today is a treat day... It is my daughters 13th birthday and she said "I wish your diabetes could take a day off so we could have Dairy Queen for my birthday". She is such a sweet girl and would have gone without it. Instead I told her it is ok, mommy can have a small treat and dose for it. But before the treat we are all going for a walk! And then.... YUMMY ICE CREAM!!