FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Incidentally what is the difference when the Libre gives just a reading without an arrow compared to when it has a horizontal arrow?
My experience of it is that this is usually an inflexion point when the direction of the line is about to reverse.

Reactions: 2 people

Rav3n

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Got our Libre monitor today and a sensor but I am having trouble with the download link for the PC software. Can anyone do me a huge favour and put it on drop-box or similar for a few days?

Really looking forward to giving this a try.

Much appreciated.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
just checked and I register for the libre back on 22/04 and not heard a thing yet some recently said on here they registered 6 weeks ago and got thier order invitation email - not happy! :arghh:

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
just checked and I register for the libre back on 22/04 and not heard a thing yet some recently said on here they registered 6 weeks ago and got thier order invitation email - not happy! :arghh:
I was just thinking the same thing. I registered on 1/4 . . . I hope they didn't take it as an April Fool's!

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I waited 4 months for mine........

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
I recently went on a beach holiday (just back for some days) it was great.

I had the libre on my leg so it would be under my swimming shorts. It worked fine for the whole holiday, i went swimming in the oceanas well as in the swimming pool. No problems noticed. After swimming i used a towel to dry the sensor up and I had to tape it after some days to keep it on.

Then wanted to put a new sensor on because the old one was not looking 'fresh' anymore (however it was still working) but the new sensor failed. So i had to leave on the old one for some more days but it kept doing its job. No trouble in plane or airport neither. I would say Libre graduated for the beach test!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Just placed a new sensor over Hansaplast on my leg. The Hansaplast are like Compeed but thinner and smaller. At least the sensor has started to give values, but is reading about 2,5 mmol lower than my Contour Next. Hope it will improve. If this sensor messes up again I am not going to spend anymore money until the product has had an upgrade.

Update: Allright just 0,9 mmol out now let's go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

TimWJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was just thinking the same thing. I registered on 1/4 . . . I hope they didn't take it as an April Fool's!

I signed up on 25nd Feb and was able to order earlier this week, so a wait of 4 months, hopefully it is reducing.

Wodewarrior

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I too registered mid February and was able to order 23rd June so yes it seems about 4 months. Put 1st sensor on about 3 hrs ago now and already reading well I.e agreeing within 0.4 with both libre blood test and neo blood test. Can't wait to see overnight results.

Reactions: 2 people

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Wodewarrior How has the sensor been? And how have your levels been? Looks like I'll have to wait another 2 months then...:(

Eglinton71

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am about to place my order for a starter kit but wondered how many if any test strips they supply.

Eglinton71

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for that Robert72. Are there any issues if I continue to only use my current meter & prescribed test strips (accu-chek)?

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Yes there are. If your sensor is rubbish and you call Abbot, they will ask you which meter you are comparing the readings to. If you admit you are comparing to blood readings done by a different meter, they will not give you a new sensor, but will send you test strips for the build in meter.

As if the build in meter would be better than a contour next or Onetouch. In fact the build in meter is rubbish, but Abbot insists that you compare libre readings to readings of the build in blood glucose meter.

However except for this, everything will work the same with or without libre teststrips.

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Hi Hill28. I've had a different experience from you. I called Abbott about a dodgy sensor and apart from loads of questions, they asked that I did a bg test whilst on the phone to them and then do a sensor scan 10 minutes later. It was way out and they agreed to replace the sensor. At no time was I asked which bg meter I was using. It happened to be my Glucomen lx plus that I have, but as I wasn't asked, I didn't mention it.

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
My glucomen lx plus and libre blood are always identical

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
But, do you have much difference between your bg reading and the sensor reading?

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Yeah big difference, had 4 sensors replaced since end of April. I run my BS at around 5.5 and when your sensor reads about 3 units low then it makes it almost useless

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
That makes the one I complained about seem positively good. I complained that 2 units lower than my bg wasn't good enough. I'm hoping my new one will be an improvement. If it consistently reads 1mmol lower, I can accept that, but if it's all over the place, with differences of 0.1 to sometimes 2.0, then I don't see the point.