Phlogiston

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, ofsted inspectors, uninvited phonecalls
Hi Nat,
I see you're a fen girl. I'm from Ramsey on the other side of the Fens. We get to Ely every so often - it's a nice place.
You seem to have a lot on your plate - good move to get moral support on here.
Enjoy your birthday.
I have drawn a line in the sand about cake, biscuits, sweets etc.
I limit potato, rice, pasta and bread.
I am wary of root veg, and usually don't overdo pulses. (Badly overdid the lentil soup yesterday though)
Salad, meat, fish, cheese leafy veg seem fine with me.
Hope you get the surgery sorted,
best wishes
Adam

gary803

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being alone
Hi everyone

I've been here before but stopped when I stopped looking after myself. My profile and also my introduction post in the "answer the questions" thread will given an idea of my background.

I am looking seriously to change my ways after a small slapped wrist last Thursday. My aim in being here is to re-educate myself in how to look after myself. My diabetes nurse explained it like this - "You have a beautiful body. Stop using it like a dustbin and filling it with ****!"

So...here I am. I plan to have a good look around and actually stay this time! I hope to 'meet' some fellow diabetics who will help me improve my levels, my HbA1c results and also help me to grasp how to calculate carbs as it's something i have never learnt to do. I'd also like to think that if not now then at some point I'll be able to give advice to other people too.

gary803

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being alone

;) The words from your nurse are so true. your not a ash tray , were all freinds here & will give ya insight and support.