FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
@TimWJ I always take my Contour Next as a backup meter since the bg meter on the Libre gave me to many errors and I don't like pricking my fingers 2 or 3 times for one 'bloody' check;)

However, once a sensor is running well, I rarely do bg checks (maybe once or twice a week) and just check by scanning

Reactions: 2 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, I take my AC mobile as my main meter but a couple of Libre BG strips just in case I need to prove that the Libre sensor isn't working properly. I find it easier to convince Abbott if I can prove my AC Mobile and the built-in BG Libre meter are reading about the same - after establishing that, they accept my mobile results as evidence. If I have a good sensor I rarely test, but they are so hit and miss in my experience.

I know, it really is a first world problem ;)

Smidge

sp41700

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My sensor is 8 days old, and coming unstuck from my skin. Also, the sensor is coming unstuck from the plaster bit. Very odd. Second one not to stick as well lately

I have the same problem. The amount I have lost after a few days due to the fact they just dont stick has made this very expensive. I am not sure exactly why they dont stick. I mean it is possible to get a good glue because the glue securing the infusion sets from roche is fantastic.

But I have now found a sort of solution. My latest one was coming unstuck and I have secured it with a piece of surgical tape. Becareful not to tighten it too much to restrict any blood flow.

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think my new one is Abit broke
cUUFmd4.jpg

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I have the same problem. The amount I have lost after a few days due to the fact they just dont stick has made this very expensive. I am not sure exactly why they dont stick. I mean it is possible to get a good glue because the glue securing the infusion sets from roche is fantastic.

But I have now found a sort of solution. My latest one was coming unstuck and I have secured it with a piece of surgical tape. Becareful not to tighten it too much to restrict any blood flow.
If they aren't sticking , contact Abbott. They are supposed to last 14 days, and if they won't stick for fourteen days they are not meeting the advertising and Abbott will replace.

Reactions: 5 people

TimWJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If they aren't sticking , contact Abbott. They are supposed to last 14 days, and if they won't stick for fourteen days they are not meeting the advertising and Abbott will replace.

My very first sensor fell off yesterday on day 5. I was reaching under the bed to plug in a fan, and when I stood up there it was on the floor. I didn't knowingly knock it, but it is possible. Abbott customer care were 100% and a replacement is on the way FOC :)

I will get some tape to cover the sensor and give some protection.

Tim

TimWJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can press and hold the screen once rather than 85 times :)

Apologies, I was mus-remembering from when I was given an InsulinX for its bolus calculator. It has the same interface, Still the interface is so awful that I only stuck with it for a few days before finding something better. I don't think it was designed, but thrown together on a Friday afternoon after getting back from the pub.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is the second sensor in a row whereby the glue isn't as good. I've got BB tape over the top, but I only have it in bright pink which is rather restricted my outfit choices for the week lol

Reactions: 3 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Supposed to get to 36°C today in London (it's 33 now) - put a new sensor on today so hope the glue doesn't melt ;)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just took the old sensor off. Normally it's very firmly stuck, but I dislodged it easily with a fingernail :eek:

Wearing tubigrip on the new one to stop lateral forces.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My current sensor seems very well stuck down - it's got five days left though.

TOMJC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all. Sensor had come unstuck with 12 days to go!! Do you know what the abbot contact number is to see if I can get a replacement? Thansk

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
First time playing football properly.

c0h2Vuo.jpg

Put it on yesterday

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So are people thinking the adhesive has changed? Mine certainly isn't sticking like they used to - I need tape to hold them on after 11 days whereas they used to last 14 days and still be firmly stuck. However, they are also not causing the same degree of skin irritation - I bought that was all the barrier stuff I'm using, but may be they have changed the adhesive? Those struggling to keep them stuck, give SkinTac a try - you can get a free sample from the UK website.

Smidge

Reactions: 5 people