Finally Got My Induction Date!!

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm very excited to finally have a date!!

I was wondering how long everyone was in hospital for when you were induced?
I'm very nervous and excited now

It's Wednesday next week!!!

Xxx

Reactions: 10 people
M

mammamia2006

Good luck!!! :)

I was in for a week but had c section. Think my sister (also diabetic & got induced) was in for 3 days.

Too be honest, once you have your little one, you probably wont care how long you are in for.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm very excited to finally have a date!!

I was wondering how long everyone was in hospital for when you were induced?
I'm very nervous and excited now

It's Wednesday next week!!!

Xxx

Wow! Very soon!

I was in hospital a week. The induction was slow and then my son needed support so we both stayed in after his birth.

I'd packed enough for 2 or 3 days but had to have extra clothes brought in as I stayed those extra days.

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you ladies, did you have to have a sweep a couple of days before?

They have booked me in for one? I'd love to go into labour naturally!! Xxx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I didn't have a sweep. It was never mentioned.

I'd heard other ladies talking about them (non-diabetic and overdue) so I'd googled a bit. To be honest, I didn't fancy the idea at all so I'm glad I didn't have to decide whether to have one or not.

I wasn't a first time mum though ( I don't know if you are?) so maybe that had something to do with it. When I went in for my induction, they said my cervix was softened and that was good.

Do you have a birthing ball? You could try bouncing on that. I really wanted to go into labour naturally too. If I'd realised I'd have to be induced before my induction date, I'd have tried more things to bring on labour. Walking is supposed to be good too. And pineapples! I'd bought one but had to be induced before I had a chance to eat the **** thing! : D

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I'm a first time mummy

It can help bring on labour and just shuffle things up in there! How many weeks were u when you got induced azure?
I'd love the sweep to make me go into labour naturally but doubt I will!

I'm on my birthing ball as we speak trying to get his head fully engaged!
Xxx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was induced at 36 weeks 5 days, a week before my official induction date.

I'm glad you're on your birthing ball - they're kind of fun, as well as useful : D

Ok, so it is possible that the sweep was offered because you're a first time mum. I spoke to my consultant a lot about induction because I was worried about a C section. She said it was easier to induce women who had already given birth. But personally I think some women just respond better than others. I know I didn't respond that well and it took ages. So giving you a sweep could just give you that little bit of an advantage.

You've still got a chance to go into labour naturally. Don't give up until the last minute! I was having back pains and knew my labour would start soon, but unfortunately I had to be induced before my body was ready to give birth by itself. You have a chance of a natural labour, so keep on bouncing! : D

All the best. X

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha thank you!
As soon as Iv has the sweep I'll come home and just bounce on the ball

I was offered a c-section but said no! Just can't believe he will be here next week! X

Reactions: 2 people

Truffle

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Someone who knows it all.
I was induced at 16 days late and no sweep with my first child. We stayed in just 3 days. My son was also induced a week before his due date as he was large but he obviously decided the time wasn't right and the induction / labour process lasted 4 days and he was then a C section. We stayed in for 10 days in total. Natural is def the way to go if possible although I was very glad that my son was a C section as he weighed over 10lbs and just the though of it made my eyes water!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So excited for you as you know !! Counting down the days hehe. :p
Not long now

xxxx

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck for tomorrow, @Madelinelowery !

That's if the sweep didn't/doesn't send you in to natural labour first!

I hope the induction goes well. It can be quick or tediously long so be prepared for either. It's just chance really. I'm sure you'll do great :)

Soon you'll be meeting your sweet baby :) Keep us updated when you have the chance!

Truffle

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Someone who knows it all.
Hope everything is going well!

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arogance, Bullies, Rudeness, Discrimination towards diabetes

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my beautiful baby boy on the 10th July at 12.50 pm! Born via emergency c-section!
His sugars were perfect and so is he. Has had to be taken to neonatal because of an suspected infection and needed a little oxygen.

That all came back fine but as we were leaving they noticed he had yellow skin .. Jaundice!
So we're currently still in hospital but he's very healthy apart from that!

Xxx

Reactions: 4 people

nmb264

Congratulations! Wonderful news! How did it all go? How many weeks were you? How are you doing?xx

sleepyheadzzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations! I don't think jaundice is too uncommon. Frustrating to still be in hospital I'm sure. Wishing you home soon!