Type 1 i can't take much more.....

Tora1982

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How you feeling @cezli84 ? I've only been diagnosed since April and completely get where you're coming from - it's a massive life change to get your head around isn't it ? Please be assured you're not alone and not the only one to feel like this - by talking to each othe we will come out the other end I know we will xx

Reactions: 9 people

cezli84

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
needles and Diabetes!
Hi @cezli84,

Diabetes is a ****, it can change your moods if your blood sugars are too high. You can become angry, depressed and stressed which raises your blood sugars further and then you're going round in circles without even realising. What level are your blood sugars at the moment?

Did you find the site page about moods? Maybe some of this information could be helpful to you at this point.

www.diabetes.co.uk/emotions/managing-low-moods-and-depression.html
thanx, i will look it up. they are staying low which is good.

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You arent alone, I was diagnosed last Oct & it changes everything, made me feel very isolated - although Im feeling better about it now, it still gets me down a bit from time to time.

This site & the people on it have been a great help for me, and Im sure will be for you too :)

Keep your chin up x

Reactions: 2 people

alisonhe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds dramatic but its true. Its really getting me down and i cant stop crying. More low days than high, hardly go out, its totally taken over my life.Am i the only one who cant handle this??

It will get better, I have had it for nearly 30 years - T1. I am learning a lot of late - you are always learning new stuff. What insulin do you take? I take Humulin S (a short acting insulin) before meals and Humulin I (intermediate before bed) - this works quite well for me because I can adjust my doses before meals which gives me more flexibility, I feel it gives me more control.

humaject

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
NOT ALOT
Type 1 for 47 years no complications at all I`m now 60 when i get up in the morning its me v type 1 diabetis there`s only one winner and thats me 'if you dont get a grip of it then it will get serious.