Diabetes Type 2 and... and...

frankman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok friends,

I haven't been on here lately, as my time has been taken up by something far more important - I'll explain shortly.

I think I was diagnose with type 2 around 12 years ago. Like most of us here, it was an absolute shock to the system, there's no getting away from it. Even this years I've had a few down days, thinking about my diabetes.

During the past 18 months, I've also been diagnosed with heart disease! Yet, I don't believe I'm very bad with it, as my GP rarely mentions it. All she bangs on about is the **** diabetes, **** cholesterol and **** high blood pressure, which means nothing at all to me. I've never had any chest pains, I don't think I've experienced angine, yet my GP says I have It?!! I get tired quite a lot and I don't walking up hills! No sir.

Last Christmas I caught a very nasty virus which I swear **** well attempted to kill me; a slight exageration there, although I was off work for 2 months!
It attacked my hearing, as it has done for the last 3 years and also affected my voice, which has gone croaky and I cannot sing. Considering I used to have a bad stammer, this probably doesn't matter, but I promise you it does to me. THe worst part was it attacked my water works, big time! I've been suffering with this for past 6 months, which brings me to the next paragraph.

On Wednesday afternoon this week, my urologist confirmed that I have prostate cancer and it is aggresive. There we are, there's something to kick my type 2 into touch, folks. My stage is T3, which Is quite serious. I'm having am MRI scan next Friday lunchtime, so I need to see what that results in. I've started my course of hormone therapy tablets today; 3 a day for 3 weeks. A week Monday, I go to GP for an injection, the first of 3 monthly doses. After all this I may need radiology.

I forgot to say, I first saw the urologist about 6 weeks ago now, and in all this time I've had 3 tests, 1 of which came back negative, the bone scan, so that sounds good. All this has been happening at NHS hospital Withybush, Pembrokeshire. So I'm truly impressed, I don't do Bupa etc.

I'll report later, when I have the result of MRI scan.

Frank. Still upbeat!

Reactions: 3 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Mega hugzzzz , hope all goes well for you ....<3

Frances_ann

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Onions , Garlic , Curry
Ok friends,

I haven't been on here lately, as my time has been taken up by something far more important - I'll explain shortly.

I think I was diagnose with type 2 around 12 years ago. Like most of us here, it was an absolute shock to the system, there's no getting away from it. Even this years I've had a few down days, thinking about my diabetes.

During the past 18 months, I've also been diagnosed with heart disease! Yet, I don't believe I'm very bad with it, as my GP rarely mentions it. All she bangs on about is the **** diabetes, **** cholesterol and **** high blood pressure, which means nothing at all to me. I've never had any chest pains, I don't think I've experienced angine, yet my GP says I have It?!! I get tired quite a lot and I don't walking up hills! No sir.

Last Christmas I caught a very nasty virus which I swear **** well attempted to kill me; a slight exageration there, although I was off work for 2 months!
It attacked my hearing, as it has done for the last 3 years and also affected my voice, which has gone croaky and I cannot sing. Considering I used to have a bad stammer, this probably doesn't matter, but I promise you it does to me. THe worst part was it attacked my water works, big time! I've been suffering with this for past 6 months, which brings me to the next paragraph.

On Wednesday afternoon this week, my urologist confirmed that I have prostate cancer and it is aggresive. There we are, there's something to kick my type 2 into touch, folks. My stage is T3, which Is quite serious. I'm having am MRI scan next Friday lunchtime, so I need to see what that results in. I've started my course of hormone therapy tablets today; 3 a day for 3 weeks. A week Monday, I go to GP for an injection, the first of 3 monthly doses. After all this I may need radiology.

I forgot to say, I first saw the urologist about 6 weeks ago now, and in all this time I've had 3 tests, 1 of which came back negative, the bone scan, so that sounds good. All this has been happening at NHS hospital Withybush, Pembrokeshire. So I'm truly impressed, I don't do Bupa etc.

Frank. Still upbeat!
Keep positive , live for the day, will be thinking of you x

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Stay upbeat Frank, you sound like you are doing well so keeping positive is important! Let us know how you get on

Abbie x

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Good luck Frankman, hope all goes ok for you. My stepfather has T5 prostrate cancer and is under going radiotherapy. He's doing ok though.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodness, what a string of disasters.

Wishing you all the best! And encouraging you to really tackle any stray high blood glucose you may be getting - there is growing evidence that higher bg levels may allow cancer to grow faster - something about some cancer cells thriving in the high glucose environment. Sorry, I don't have the details to hand, but I am sure Mr Google will find the studies for you.

Hope all your tests and treatment go well - and please keep us informed.

Best wishes.

frankman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Brunneria, thanks for your post.

Yeah, Frank the walking disaster! Hey!! I didn't sign up for this, folks!

I go see my GP tomorrow so I better ask her about glucose levels. I haven't checked my blood for weeks, since I've been having these tests.

FRank.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ok friends,

Frank. Still upbeat!

Glad you're at least getting the treatment you need Frank.
Another thing that occurred to me reading your symptoms (though I'm sure your GP has already ruled it out) is hypothyroidism - totally treatable, but can cause lethargy, hoarse voice and hearing loss. I just thought I would mention it, as you might have been a budding Susan/Frank Boyle just waiting for stardom.:singing:

C

chris lowe

Really sorry to hear all your problems health wise. Now that you've been diagnosed you will get the treatment you need. i know every case is different by both my brothers have had it and so far the treatment has worked. One had the hormone treatment and did find it made him put on a bit of weight but was lucking in that the radiotherapy didn't have too many side effect. Try and be positive though with every thing else you're coping with you may find it difficult. Let us know how you are getting on, not only help you but you never know, someone else reading might find it helpful. Good luck :)

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning @frankman . You certainly have had a bad time of it. As a fairly positive person myself I believe your upbeat attitude will help you through the next few months and I really wish you well.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
I just found out that I'm diabetic of types 2 and i have go to diabetic class to get needle for my sugar because my sugar was high . I really don't needle in my fingers. I just wondering what kind of food for diabetic..

A very warm welcome to you @Daffney36 . I think you will get more responses to your question if you start a new thread rather than replying to an existing one.

Daffney36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
A very warm welcome to you @Daffney36 . I think you will get more responses to your question if you start a new thread rather than replying to an existing one.
Oh sorry how many time exercise and eat ? I have watch i eat and i need exercise more. i lose 166 and I'm losing my weight.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Want to say good luck too. Mt father in law has T5 prostrate cancer too, hes doing ok. It is a slow growing one so hopefully you will be ok.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello frank, I just wanted to wish you luck with the treatment. You really are having a tough time. I think you are brilliant being upbeat. :)