having to inject

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my diabetes consultant appointment today and got my hba1c result at 41. So was very impressed but my joy was short lived. Due to high bp and diabetes im at an increased risk of blood clots so I have to inject myself every night with a blood thinner and ive been precribed insulin. I feel really sad and I dont know why. Its only for pregnany but.. dunno. Upset!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry you're upset. Try not to be. Your HbA1C is very good. I know injecting isn't fun, but it'll be worth it in the end :)

I had to have blood thinner injections after I gave birth. I found the knack was not to rub the injection site else it'll bruise and hurt more.

Keep in touch with your diabetes team. They can be a great support. Have a read around this forum too. You're not alone :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay will try rubbing the area. I think im more upset that they didnt do the first one there and then, it was heres.. some needles go home and everynight inject.. bye bye.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, it would have been more reassuring if they'd done the first one for you. I'm sure youll do fine though.

Just to repeat - do not rub the area after you do the blood thinner injection. Do the injection and don't touch where you did it.

I found it stung a bit just after but that soon went. Thinking about the injection as worse than doing it really.

Reactions: 2 people

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha read that wrong. Ill steer clear of touching it!