Stopping smoking my journey

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
I once tried an E-Cig it wasnt those vap ones it was one of those that resemble a real cig they sell em in the pound shops and i tried one. Didnt like it it felt too much like a normal fag and thats a no no. Have looked at the Vape's and they seem quite expensive. I pay at the moment £72 for 72 carts and sometimes Rowlands online pharmacy run offers buy 2 get 3rd box free sorta thing.1 cartridge does me a day.

Sorry to hear that you have a Lung condition hope it can be cured soon.

Reactions: 2 people

Dizz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
E-cigs have evolved quite considerably in the last few years. I started out on the ones that look like cigarettes but soon realised that it was going to be expensive and switched to vaping. The juice, atomisers and batteries (when needed) work out around £12 a month at most, but then I only use the basic kit, there are many more fancy, expensive kits out there.

My lung condition is chronic unfortunately - and it only came to light when I gave up smoking, because I always put my chronic cough and breathlessness down to the cigs. However, it actually got WORSE after I stopped which led to investigations, and the absolute terror of a possible lung cancer diagnosis, but it wasn't so I consider myself lucky!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Hi brought a vap yesterday just in case... i`m on champix tablets but its there in case my hands get twitchy

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Just got back from seeing the smoking nurse and according to her little machine i have to blow in to i am now a non smoker:D

Reactions: 10 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You are doing great 'oldman1954" , congratulations and more best wishes for the continuation, staying strong day by day.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just got back from seeing the smoking nurse and according to her little machine i have to blow in to i am now a non smoker:D

Well done :) Its a neat little machine is that and i cant remember what my last one measured but it was very low. Its impossible to register 0 as the air we breath contains contaminates like fumes from cars etc

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'll tell you what smokers don't half stink eh :D you can tell the heavy smokers cos they stink the strongest. If one sits near me on the bus i think phew that was me once. :D

Reactions: 6 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done :) Its a neat little machine is that and i cant remember what my last one measured but it was very low. Its impossible to register 0 as the air we breath contains contaminates like fumes from cars etc
Hi i blew a 3 this time when i did it befor it was off the scale.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi i blew a 3 this time when i did it befor it was off the scale.

I think the highest she had ever recorded was 94 and needless to say the bloke in question was carted off to hospital. I think mine was a 4 she explained that cos of the smog and petrol fumes etc it would never be any lower

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I quit then 6 weeks later found out I was 4 weeks pregnant.. thats a really good incentive not to start again lol. Its actually been really easy but I think its more down to not having the option to smoke and not drinking, which was always when I caved. Good luck with it all!

Reactions: 11 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I quit then 6 weeks later found out I was 4 weeks pregnant.. thats a really good incentive not to start again lol. Its actually been really easy but I think its more down to not having the option to smoke and not drinking, which was always when I caved. Good luck with it all!

Well done Lexa and good luck with the no smoking and with the baby :)

Reactions: 8 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well its 12 days with out a ciggy...no cravings and i can even sit with people who smoke but do they smell ...next job is to have the inside of the car cleaned because it smells like an ash tray

Reactions: 5 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Well its 12 days with out a ciggy...no cravings and i can even sit with people who smoke but do they smell ...next job is to have the inside of the car cleaned because it smells like an ash tray

Thats great "oldman".There are all kinds of wonderful air fresheners you can then put in the car. Pine forrests etc

Reactions: 3 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes going shopping tomorrow but its all in the head lining and every where so it does need to be cleaned

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Smart girl and obviously a great" mother to be"

Reactions: 5 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Nice going :) You won't be buying a new car now then cos the ash tray won't ever get full :D
Keep up the good work :)