Worried about my husband's forgetfulness

Kimbox

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well months later we got some answers... memory loss.. erratic behavior... well memory is from the 2 strokes.... the erratic behavior was his blood sugar his a1c was 8.9... not sure where the previous dr's said it was 6.0... still trying to get his blood sugar under control.. the upped his metformin to 100 mf 2x a day... not enough... changed to janumet .... not enough... changed to Janumet XR and added glipzide.. seems to be working... erratic behavior gone....

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank goodness you have some answers, but i am truly sorry it has taken so long!

Reactions: 2 people

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

The LCHF diet will really help to lower and stabilize blood sugar levels. His very high levels could well be causing considerable damage throughout the body. Here's how you do it. It's not difficult and is very healthy for everyone.

ray2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've only just come across this thread so it's a bit late in the day...but for what it's worth when my blood sugar gets into double figures (over about 12) I get irritatingly confused. Even very simple tasks like sorting papers into different piles can be very challenging and (it goes without saying) I get crushingly tired.
Being quite new to the forum, until recently I kind of thought i might be the only one who gets the confusion thing.