Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Gezzabelle Finally found these rolls. Thank you so much for the tip, I feel much more 'normal' now I can eat bread again. Burgen bread just didn't do it for me and I always craved more. I can even have toast again. Yay! :)

Reactions: 5 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Gezzabelle Finally found these rolls. Thank you so much for the tip, I feel much more 'normal' now I can eat bread again. Burgen bread just didn't do it for me and I always craved more. I can even have toast again. Yay! :)
Glad you got some at last. I know what you mean about ''normal''...cheese on toast never tasted so good, not to mention bacon sarnies and all the endless possibilities. Enjoy :)

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are men just fickle or what...after waiting some weeks for our local Lidl to have these rolls they finally do so I bought some for my T2 husband. He had one with cheese ham and salad in it and said it was ok the next day I gave him another one he ate it but said he did not really like them very much so not to bother getting any more and he will stick to the Burgen bread.
I tried one myself but didn't like it but that's just me because I don't really like bread but he was a huge bread and sandwich lover before T2 and always had the seedy bread so I thought he would really like the rolls.. how wrong I was.

Reactions: 8 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are men just fickle or what...after waiting some weeks for our local Lidl to have these rolls they finally do so I bought some for my T2 husband. He had one with cheese ham and salad in it and said it was ok the next day I gave him another one he ate it but said he did not really like them very much so not to bother getting any more and he will stick to the Burgen bread.
I tried one myself but didn't like it but that's just me because I don't really like bread but he was a huge bread and sandwich lover before T2 and always had the seedy bread so I thought he would really like the rolls.. how wrong I was.
Simple answer to this one.....yes...men are just fickle haha....I am married to the most fickle,,picky male on the planet....if I gave him caviar he would complain he didn't like the colour

Reactions: 6 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I won't tell you what we used to put between 2 slices of bread down the rugby club after a few beers! Funnily enough you won't find it in any cookery book.

Reactions: 6 people

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my first Lidl high protein roll for lunch, took BG test before and after, it didn't spike at all but next time I will only have half as they are quite filling. Thank you thank you thank you.

Reactions: 4 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
They're great aren't they? When I first got mine, they were still warm on the shelf - Mmmm warm bread and butter! Alas, I went last week and they had all sold out!!

Reactions: 3 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
They're great aren't they? When I first got mine, they were still warm on the shelf - Mmmm warm bread and butter! Alas, I went last week and they had all sold out!!
Liked ....but not the sold out part

Reactions: 2 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found these rolls at my local Lidl store finally and got so excited to see them I bought 6 of those and had 2 of them the same day, ofcourse one in afternoon and one in night.
I find it as a good substitute for bread, not same but very close, It takes the hassle out of making almond bread, but having said that I find my almond bread better, and bg wise i am almost flat on them after 2 hours with peak at 1 hour of +1

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found these rolls at my local Lidl store finally and got so excited to see them I bought 6 of those and had 2 of them the same day, ofcourse one in afternoon and one in night.
I find it as a good substitute for bread, not same but very close, It takes the hassle out of making almond bread, but having said that I find my almond bread better, and bg wise i am almost flat on them after 2 hours with peak at 1 hour of +1
Glad you finally found some :) For me they were a bit of an OMG moment as I love bread so much and was lost without it. Now I can have a ''sandwich'' for lunch and it satisfies my needs :) Also a huge help keeping things ''moving'' as constipation had become a huge problem since my diet changes ;) Best bit is they don't spike me and most people seem able to eat them without a problem. Ideal for taking to work or if you are out and need something easy to take with you :)

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you finally found some :) For me they were a bit of an OMG moment as I love bread so much and was lost without it. Now I can have a ''sandwich'' for lunch and it satisfies my needs :) Also a huge help keeping things ''moving'' as constipation had become a huge problem since my diet changes ;) Best bit is they don't spike me and most people seem able to eat them without a problem. Ideal for taking to work or if you are out and need something easy to take with you :)
Agree with you
Constipation is a big problem I have too with LCHF so doc gave me some laxatives and I also read on forum flaxseeds helps too and this does have flax so even better.

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I like them so much i`m running short , me thinks a lidi roll hunt is on the cards again ;)

Reactions: 2 people

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I read about these and couldn't wait to go to Lidl's so off I went on Sunday. Looked everywhere but couldn't find them but at the time I hadn't seen a picture so didn't know what I was looking for. Annoyingly I remember seeing the funny dark triangular rolls but passed them by as they just said High Protein. Was looking in the packaged rolls. So disappointed. Tried again on Tuesday, still wasn't sure what I was looking for. Asked an assistant but she just look blankly at me so again disappointed BUT then I found a picture and had a "lightbulb" moment. Back there today and I now have 5 in the freezer and one just asking to be eaten :D Dinner may be a bit strange tonight but it's definitely going to include at least a half as I can't wait any longer.. lol. (thumbs up).

Reactions: 7 people

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried them for first time today, really weird eating bread for first time in years!

Tested every 30mins for 3hrs, raised BG levels by just 1 so yaayyyy.

But after not eating bread for years I must have forgotten how to eat it as I actually choked on first bite, luckily OH was home or I hate to think what would have happened

Getting more tomorrow.

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just in time this morning to clear the shelf at my local Lidl. Phew :)

Should be on one a day but I pigged out on two this morning. Stocked up till a week tomorrow now :)

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I had to stock up as well today my local store now has them in so not too far to go:)

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Heard on the grapevine the other day that Lidl are planning to expand into Australia.

As a good citizen I should have been excited about the increased competition driving down grocery prices for my fellow Australians but all I could think was - "Ooooh goody for me - hope they stock those rolls I keep reading about". :sorry:

Reactions: 9 people