urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi @SarahB97,

You could try to moderate your carbohydrate intake if you're not doing it already and this should also allow you to reduce your insulin.

[Whilst it's probably wrong to make personal comments, if that's a recent picture then why do you want to lose weight?]

Welcome to the forums.

Reactions: 4 people

SarahB97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you @urbanracer I will try that and yes that is a recent photo but I'm just really unhappy with my weight and look at other girls with good figures and want that but every time I've tried nothing seems to work.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Well the picture makes you look slim. How much weight do you think that you need to lose, what's your BMI, do you know?

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have lost almost 45 Kgs on the LCHF diet. For me it was very low carbs and very strict portion control. But no need to starve yourself, you can still enjoy lots of delicious foods. And by the way, you do look plenty beautiful to me as you are.

SarahB97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I want to lose about 30 kg to be at a happy weight and no I don't know my BMI

SarahB97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow @pusha congrats that's amazing! I've not heard of it before but I'll definitely look into it

Reactions: 2 people

Atalay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you sure you want to lose 30 kg? or lbs? tha seems too much for you, looking at your avatar picture. I do not think that is a healthy choice.

I guess you do not have that much fat in your body to lose like that. You better check your BMI and get advice from pros.

SarahB97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This may be a stupid question but how do I figure out my BMI?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I want to lose about 30 kg to be at a happy weight and no I don't know my BMI
If you look in any way similar to your avatar, 30kg is a REALLY high amount

SarahB97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm quite tall so I look smaller than I am but my weight is to much

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
SarahB97, you will also notice various tools on the bmi calculator that give the height weight scale for various individuals , but the key thing is blood sugar control,which most posters who achieve good controls use,low carb' high fat regime,

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well you look great to me. Please don't make the same mistake I did when I was young. I dieted and dieted to have the perfect figure and never got there. Instead I slowed down my metabolism and ended up morbidly obese. I wanted to be at the lowest 'normal' weight (8 stones 4 pounds) for my height and that was never attainable.

If I could go back now and give some advice to my younger self I would tell her to eat a healthy diet including full fat foods and not snack. I would say never go hungry or drink diet drinks (have water instead) and only follow a diet and exercise routine that is enjoyable and sustainable for life.

Reactions: 10 people

Jo123

You look slim from your photo, but please do your bmi you need your height and weight then Google a bmi calculator online. I low carb not type 1 and the weight trends v to fall off me.

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
So what is your height and what is you current weight? Not meaning to pry here, but I stand by what I said. 30 kgs is a huge amount. You've been directed to the BMI calculator. Use it .... please.

Mike

SarahB97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't feel comfortable sharing that information but just need to work out my height and I will use it

Reactions: 4 people