Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late again, in the middle of another 13hrs shift, which follows the yesterday, similar one:-/
A surprising and unpleasant 6.3 this morning after 6.4 before bed. Surprising, because last meal was yesterday around 5pm at work, but light, mainly proteins and fat:|
Anyone to explain, please:-o

Reactions: 19 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola

5.9 fasting. Huff as opposed to a chuff. Very undignified exit from the fat fast as I won the bottle of wine in the ode to Europe competition on the ff thread so will have to rummage in the bins later to find the incriminating evidence!

Thanks for doing the ff with me @Merrylizard1314 and hope you are enjoying your roast lamb today. We were runners up in the racketball comp to the worthy winners. Hey ho.

On the plus side just closed my just giving page for the Brighton marathon last year with a shave over a grand raised for the nspcc...and just opened a new page as have decided to run from london to brighton next year! Idiot that's 100 km to do. Oh well first donation received so no turning back now.

Reactions: 20 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables

I just used the last strip I had and I think it's time to stop testing as my type 2 appears to be well reversed. Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 29 people

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting result is the only decent one at the moment. Since becoming pregnant ive been unable to control my sugars.. even low carbing, so im on insulin at night due to high fasting results and now possibly looking at the day time too :(

5.6 this morning and been 8/9 for the rest of the day.

Reactions: 19 people

treefrog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Most of the people on here with readings below 6 shouldn't be testing, my last reading was 27.4, this after 24 units of rapid acting Insulin and 100 units of long acting insulin the previous night. I don't feel unwell, my cholesterol is 3.1, BP 120/68 my HB1c is 11.

Reactions: 2 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.8 for me this am, can't decide if had a massive liver dump or because 30 minutes later then when i take my metformin. Had low carb sausages and an apple for brekkie, 3 hrs later 7.2!

Reactions: 12 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
8.8 for me this am, can't decide if had a massive liver dump or because 30 minutes later then when i take my metformin. Had low carb sausages and an apple for brekkie, 3 hrs later 7.2!
Maybe try zero carb sausages and skip the apple?

Reactions: 7 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Most of the people on here with readings below 6 shouldn't be testing, my last reading was 27.4, this after 24 units of rapid acting Insulin and 100 units of long acting insulin the previous night. I don't feel unwell, my cholesterol is 3.1, BP 120/68 my HB1c is 11.
There's no harm in testing. Many pay for their own strips. Mine are payed through private health insurance.

Reactions: 10 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why's that @treefrog?

Reactions: 7 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Speaking personally, I return results below 6 because I test. Admittedly, for T2s, once control is good, and provided the individual isn't on insulin or drugs known to significantly lower blood sugars, those who choose to do so can ease up on testing a bit.

@Baruney - What was in particular that you liked about treefrog's post?

Reactions: 5 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Speaking personally, I return results below 6 because I test. Admittedly, for T2s, once control is good, and provided the individual isn't on insulin or drugs known to significantly lower blood sugars, those who choose to do so can ease up on testing a bit.

@Baruney - What was in particular that you liked about treefrog's post?
Nothing apart from an open mind and a willingness to hear other people's point of view no matter how moronic they may be.

Reactions: 13 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Fasting result is the only decent one at the moment. Since becoming pregnant ive been unable to control my sugars.. even low carbing, so im on insulin at night due to high fasting results and now possibly looking at the day time too :(

5.6 this morning and been 8/9 for the rest of the day.
Hope they can get you both sorted. How many weeks are you?

Reactions: 3 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
and now I noticed..... you "liked" it.... it's getting late m'lud......
Hola hunky

Surely you know my humour by now. Sometimes that is lost without tone. We have the option to 'like'. I could suggest a number of different tags that the powers that be would probably struggle win.

Reactions: 6 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other

If they didn't test then how would they know the result they would get if they did test would indicate that they shouldn't test?

It's a choice and if someone chooses to test then that is their right and who are you to judge otherwise?

You're free to have that opinion and I will defend your right to have that opinion but, likewise, I'm free to have a difference of opinion ...

Reactions: 13 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
73 mg/dl 4.055 mmoles/l.To test is best, better safe than sorry. A bit like holding on to the sterling .

Reactions: 23 people
Status
Not open for further replies.