Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrylizard1314

Most of the people on here with readings below 6 shouldn't be testing, my last reading was 27.4, this after 24 units of rapid acting Insulin and 100 units of long acting insulin the previous night. I don't feel unwell, my cholesterol is 3.1, BP 120/68 my HB1c is 11.

Hi @treefrog, it may b that the people posting on here are trying to get themselves into the "normal" range of between 3.5 and 5.5mmol/L. I know that is my reason. U
The avoiding of collateral damage associated with high BGLs is important to me.
Sorry, I don't know much about insulin, are you T2?

Reactions: 18 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Most of the people on here with readings below 6 shouldn't be testing.

Morning all, 4.8 today absolutely chuffing delighted - and another 2lbs gone, just one short of 3 stone now :angelic:

I test because it gives me instant feedback on how my food/exercise affects my levels and keeps me on the wagon. Since I buy all my supplies privately it's not costing anyone else, and undoubtedly saving the NHS money in the long run with less chance of complications. It's a win-win situation as far as I can tell.

Reactions: 29 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 6.8 this overcast monday morn

Reactions: 22 people

Murph28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.8 this am, maybe I should have had that extra glass of wine!!;)

Reactions: 27 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Morning, 6.0 this morning.

The London 10k yesterday was very good. A real party atmosphere and the weather was ideal for the runners. Son beat his PB by 5 minutes even though this years course was harder and his mate fell over on the line after a sprint finish. I just missed catching that on video.

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all :)

4.6 this morning after about ten attempts to get blood.
Thankfully a new lancing device is on it's way. Hope it works :)

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Most of the people on here with readings below 6 shouldn't be testing, my last reading was 27.4, this after 24 units of rapid acting Insulin and 100 units of long acting insulin the previous night. I don't feel unwell, my cholesterol is 3.1, BP 120/68 my HB1c is 11.
@treefrog
Excuse me, but your readings AFTER insulin, which leave me wondering what your levels may have been BEFORE, would suggest you should postpone giving advice to T2s like myself, who may have reached and maintain levels around 6 by a spartan discipline of testing, medication, testing, diet, testing etc.
Also, if you don't mind, what exactly would be the reason for us not testing?
Would it be because of your BGlevels(?), your insuline doses, or the fact that you don't feel unwell (happy for you!), or your other physical obs values?

Reactions: 16 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 very delighted with that as went out with family for celebration meal yesterday including champagne and I have no idea of carbs but did try to choose sensible options

Reactions: 24 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Moaning everyone...
Miserable Brumm, cold as a dead rocking horse, my FBG 5.8 :-/ after a weird chain of yesterday readings.
That's about it...

Reactions: 26 people

Frances_ann

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Onions , Garlic , Curry
Hello All,

Hope you are all well and fitting fit. :D

I have seen the thread in fasting blood glucose, but was wondering what they are for only Type 2's.

Mine are between 4.5 and 6.0 depending on what I have eaten / drunk the night before.

Cheers
SImply_h
7.4 - would like it to be a bit lower

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.5 this morning went out yesterday for meal with family and had some birthday cake:rolleyes: naughty but very nice:):D

Status
Not open for further replies.