Need to get test strips for Codefree machine

katpaul

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If anyone has a Codefree machine where do you get the test strips from.

I bought the machine about 4/5 weeks ago and also bought tests strips at same time but my surgery say that because I take glicozide I can have them on prescription.

However got prescription on Friday and 8 suppliers have been contacted and none can get the srtips!!!

Help please.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I bought the machine about 4/5 weeks ago and also bought tests strips at same time but my surgery say that because I take glicozide I can have them on prescription.

However got prescription on Friday and 8 suppliers have been contacted and none can get the srtips!!!

Help please.

Katpaul - I have that information, but I need to find it. Give me a while to look.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Help please.

It didn't take me long to find. The following is a direct quote from an email from HomeHealth, who are the UK distributors:

"....any pharmacy can order them from Alliance Healthcare via their specials. This basically means that the pharmacy orders them from Alliance who then make an order from us. Unfortunately some pharmacies still seem to have trouble finding them but they are definitely available as we do get orders every day from Alliance.

We have tried to get Alliance to stock them permanently and give them a unique pip code which we make it far simpler for pharmacies to order them but sadly they are not interested...."

So, the action will be with your pharmacy to make the order with Alliance. They might huff and puff a bit, but if it is a pharmacy you use regularly, it would be worthwhile reiterating your strips will be on repeat prescription, so that they see it's not a load special task for a couple of boxes, or whatever your prescription states.

These are also charged out at pretty much the same rate as we get them for, so they are much, much cheaper for your Doc/Budget holder than the other major manufacturers.

Good luck with it. If you still have issues with your pharmacy, please drop me a personal message on here, as I have direct contact with Homehealth, at Board level. I would not put such an individual's contact details on the board, for obvious reasons, but if you need them, I am sure he would be happy to help. They are very customer focused outfit.

Reactions: 2 people

katpaul

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you very much and have to go back tomorrow to get lancets for the new machine so will see what they say, they have contacted 8 suppliers to see if they could get them but dont know if they will go thro to anyone outside of the standard suppliers. They have tried very hard and I would prefer to keep using the Codefree machine and havent set the other one up yet so it could be given to someone else together with the strips and lancets.

katpaul

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you so much And Breathe, I have been to the Pharmacy and they have been able to order. They think the did try Alliance but not through specials but strips are now on order for the Codefree machine :)

They have put it on my notes for future ordering and the doctors are willing to have the new machine back tohgether with the new unopened boxes of strips so they can go to someone else in need.

Everyone has been so helpful including yourself.

This has taken a weight off my shoulders and feel quite light now :)

Reactions: 4 people

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Katpaul, I buy my sd codefree strips from Amazon

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much And Breathe, I have been to the Pharmacy and they have been able to order. They think the did try Alliance but not through specials but strips are now on order for the Codefree machine :)

They have put it on my notes for future ordering and the doctors are willing to have the new machine back tohgether with the new unopened boxes of strips so they can go to someone else in need.

That's excellent news.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.

That's good news. Everyone wins.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes :)

I never underestimate the power of a purr :) One of mine doesnt purr :(

Does your GP realise how much cheaper the Codefree strips are than the ones that are so often prescribed?