Here I am eating to counteract a hypo again!

Rach79

Dislikes
Poverty, violence, manipulative or materialistic people and too much bad weather such as wind and rain.
It's nearly half eleven and all I want to do is sleep but again I'm forced to eat. I have had low bs all day but with no reason for it. I tried animal insulin and failed, the pump isn't available on the Isle of Man yet.

I'm going to stick at this but some days geez it just gets me down some! :| I've piled on a stone and am now nearly 12 stone... losing weight never happened. I lost my job a few weeks back - the only geezer in the firm to be made reduntant. I am sending a cyber grunt "Ggggrrrrr"!

Ok feel better now a bit thanks! :)

acron^

Dislikes
Diabetes?
Chin up Rach!

Life throws us all a curve ball every now and again but we've just got to soldier on. There is, of course, a chance that elevated stress levels has affected your control. I was made redundant a few months ago and I know it stressed me out!

Just try not to worry. You'll be back on your feet in no time.

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Rach,
I'm sorry to hear the animal insulin isn't working out, how long have you been on it now? After Andrew changed from the nightmare he had on Lantus to Levimer, i think it took his system a good 3 months to settle on it. Sending lots of (((hugs))) and wishing things get better soon for you, you've had it rough for long enough,
Love and best wishes,
Suzi x

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
Hi Rach79
I changed to pork insulin over a year ago, and sorry to hear your not having a great time on it. I wondered whether you are splitting your long-acting?
I take 22 units isophane about 8-9am and 12 units isophane between 9-10pm. I have the odd day when when my BGs are a bit lower than usual, just a few days before my period, but it's regular, and I expect it.
I can totally relate to the weight thing-it's so demoralising having to eat when you don't want to. I try to minimise the amount of carbs in my evening meal so I take less short-acting in eve and avoid being too low before bed. Cocked it up last night though, as while eating my dinner, a crown came off and ended up in my chewed up chicken! Luckily I managed to rescue it before it went down my throat, otherwise this mornings dentist visit would have cost me a fortune. Subsequently I didn't finish my dinner last night, and found myself hypo and swigging lucozade at 1am.
Having tried many types of insulin over 20 years, I know pork's the best I've been on. Don't lose heart yet,it's still early days- maybe you need to adjust your doses of long-acting a bit to get it right.
Jus

Rach79

Dislikes
Poverty, violence, manipulative or materialistic people and too much bad weather such as wind and rain.
Hey thanks all for your advice and for listening. I haven't been stressed as such just a bit down and out. I kind of feel rejected and that I'm no good. However I'm not dwelling on these thoughts as it doesn't do me any favours and is counterproductive.

I didn't split my animal insulin no as I didn't think to really. I could go back to it and give it a whirl and see what happens.

Anyway I'm off for a swim now, in truth part of me has enjoyed being a lady of leisure for a while :wink:

Rach79

Dislikes
janabelle said:
Hi Rach79
I changed to pork insulin over a year ago, and sorry to hear your not having a great time on it. I wondered whether you are splitting your long-acting?
I take 22 units isophane about 8-9am and 12 units isophane between 9-10pm. I have the odd day when when my BGs are a bit lower than usual, just a few days before my period, but it's regular, and I expect it.
I can totally relate to the weight thing-it's so demoralising having to eat when you don't want to. I try to minimise the amount of carbs in my evening meal so I take less short-acting in eve and avoid being too low before bed. Cocked it up last night though, as while eating my dinner, a crown came off and ended up in my chewed up chicken! Luckily I managed to rescue it before it went down my throat, otherwise this mornings dentist visit would have cost me a fortune. Subsequently I didn't finish my dinner last night, and found myself hypo and swigging lucozade at 1am.
Having tried many types of insulin over 20 years, I know pork's the best I've been on. Don't lose heart yet,it's still early days- maybe you need to adjust your doses of long-acting a bit to get it right.
Jus

Eew! :lol: