Dislikes
Jogging
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1437044847.438222.jpg
this will tell you

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont really think its a matter of is it good or bad. At 50 you are still in the diabetic range byt its not in the red at least. Havr a good look at the chart provided it gives you an overall breakdown. The ideal place to be is in the top row.

ray2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is 50 good or bad ??? Very good question ! It sort of depends whether it's going up or down. Mine used to be 43 now it's 50 same as yours. I'm told by the GP that I have good control but some days it doesn't feel like that as my BS often goes up around 13 or 14 which makes me feel rubbish.
I guess it's all very individual......sometimes when I go to the doctors with those sorts of numbers it can be a bit like going with a sprained ankle and the doctor saying you should be so lucky I've just seen a bloke with 2 broken legs.
I work with people who suffer terribly with diabetes and have much higher numbers but it doesn't mean to say it's not a big problem for me.
Hope that all makes some sense ???

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Is 50 good or bad ??? Very good question ! It sort of depends whether it's going up or down. Mine used to be 43 now it's 50 same as yours. I'm told by the GP that I have good control but some days it doesn't feel like that as my BS often goes up around 13 or 14 which makes me feel rubbish.
I guess it's all very individual......sometimes when I go to the doctors with those sorts of numbers it can be a bit like going with a sprained ankle and the doctor saying you should be so lucky I've just seen a bloke with 2 broken legs.
I work with people who suffer terribly with diabetes and have much higher numbers but it doesn't mean to say it's not a big problem for me.
Hope that all makes some sense ???
i go by dr r bernstein his evaluation and treatment of t1 and t2 are spot on ( diabetes explained4 th edition) following his advices and lchf im currently well below normal diabetic readings

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
50 seems a bit high. If it were me I'd want it lower. However, it depends on what it was previously. If you're on a downward trend, then that's good. If it's an upward trend or flat, that's not so good.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with the others. It depends whether it is better or worse than your last HbA1c. If better, then well done, it's good. If worse, then it's not so good.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My hbc01 is 50??? Good or bad?
48 is the tipping point so you are just over. Is it getting better or worse? Did you put in a lot of effort to achieve 50?

Lower would be better. Not such bad news as it is really.

fred1234

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all for your responses. Doc just took bloods this morning 're test. I'm hoping it has went down...but I just feel so unwell with b.s.. I am on steroids daily 20 maintenance due to other medical conditions. I feel rubbish at anything below 7s even though looking at b.s. testing good numbers, then I go hyperglycemia with the steroids.at lunch time. I am type2 on novo mix 30 8 units injected at lunch time...but the b.s. are already rising due to the steroids. 2 hrs after a miserly lunch, try so hard no carbs, but starving off course. Normally 12 or 13 Before tea and then they seem to come down again by mid evening and by bedtime I feel better. Back into normal numbers 7s or 8s.....have light snack and off to bed. Fasting normally 5s.

Thank you all for your comments. Great site and great people with their own difficulties taking time out. Thank you

Gp going to speak to diabetics and maybe introduce something else. Hope it's not basal/bolus...I will never get my head round that!!!! Don't know how you all do that, amazing!!!