struggling bad

Samsquamch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
anyone else just get tempted to inject 100 units and be done with it? would be painlessand peaceful in your sleep, only thing stoppin me is knowin how sad I'd make my family.. got no drive no motivation for life anymore just doing the bare minimum to survive cant even be ***** with that to be honest, lost all passion I used to be a happy jokey guy, now im fuckin miserable and everyone can tell.. aint got a very hopefull outlook and my eyes kidneys nerves all startin to go downhill im only 20... by time im 2x this age ill probably be 2x as ****** so whats the point? /rant

Last edited by a moderator:

becky.ford93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think that in fact you've already listed your motivation right there - your family. Perhaps you should speak to them about how you feel ? Getting good control can really help with your complications so don't go convincing yourself that your life is over. If you're feeling like this regularly you should really seek help.
I'm no counsellor, but reading this I couldn't help but feel you shouldn't be alone. I won't be the person to walk past the guy on the bridge, ya know?

shelleyh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Samsauamch, I understand things can be difficult with diabetes and your mood swings and low feelings can be linked to your diabetes management. Have you seen your Gp recently and told him how you are feeling? If not please book an an appointment tomorrow to talk to him or the Practice Nurse. There is support out there and it may just be a short intervention you need to get you back feeling good again. You mentioned your family, try talking to them also. Things will get better I promise. I have had type 1 for 37 years and there are some good days but can also be some not so good days. You will get good advice from people here on the forum who have had similar experiences and that will make you feel more positive.
Make that call tomorrow!!

Samsquamch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you're feeling like this regularly you should really seek help.
I'm no counsellor, but reading this I couldn't help but feel you shouldn't be alone. I won't be the person to walk past the guy on the bridge, ya know?

been feeling like this for ages and I'm a lonely guy living in a secluded area, my family are all busy with there other halfs.. im used to being alone I geuss, dont have much in the way of social skills.. i tried to tell the doctor twice now that im depressed and they keep telling me that i should see a different doctor in a few weeks time... think ill just go to sleep hopefuly feel better tomorow

Samsquamch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Samsauamch, I understand things can be difficult with diabetes and your mood swings and low feelings can be linked to your diabetes management. Have you seen your Gp recently and told him how you are feeling? If not please book an an appointment tomorrow to talk to him or the Practice Nurse. There is support out there and it may just be a short intervention you need to get you back feeling good again. You mentioned your family, try talking to them also. Things will get better I promise. I have had type 1 for 37 years and there are some good days but can also be some not so good days. You will get good advice from people here on the forum who have had similar experiences and that will make you feel more positive.
Make that call tomorrow!!

yeah i turn into not a nice person if my sugars are high or low, very bitter /angry cant qutie describe it.. I told my doctor today and she says i should go on DAFNE course but the thing is I can count carbs already, my sugars are better than ever and yet this is the first time in my life that ive ever been depressed and when i asked for help they refer me to another doctor.. happened twice now..

Samsquamch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
big props to you 2 for trying to help. gonna get some sleep and hopefully feel better tomorow :)

Reactions: 4 people

shelleyh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This may not be linked to your diabetes and may be feeling low or depression. The GP can treat that for you. Show her your post you sent tonight, that may help. Log in tomorrow and let me know how you get on. Tomorrow will be a better day,

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey big hug...

A doctor told me that poor control was what was causing me to feel depressed, about a year after I was diagnosed I was trying to carry on being fine and dandy and carried on eating 'normally', it didn't work for me my BG was all over the place, under pressure at work, am a mum and it all got too much. It was at this point I saw the doc, got some anti depressants and decided to change my diet and cut out bread, pasta, sugar, rice, potatoes etc, I stabilised my BG and nowadays I feel a lot better, I have down days but exercise more, get out on a bike 3/4 times a week and cope much better.

Start with a visit to the docs as said above, write down how you are feeling now, when you go in read it back to them word for word and if you have the strength state that you are not leaving until you have some help, you have the same right as everyone else for support.

A good sleep will help lots, when you get down take a walk somewhere green, park, hills field wherever and just take deep breaths, I've said it before on here to others but the way you feel right now is temporary, it will pass and your not alone ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
big props to you 2 for trying to help. gonna get some sleep and hopefully feel better tomorow :)
Hello samsquamch,well done for posting how your feeling it must be very difficult at the moment for you,please keep posting and let us know whats happening re your doc' appointments,the thing is when you are so close to the page its hard to read the words maybe as you do get the right help things will get better,looking forwards to getting to know you better,clive

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Do ask your GP, or do it yourself, to be referred to your local Mind branch or similar mental health charity. They can help.

onthegow

How do Samsquamch.

What a brave post.
I feel compelled to write to you. I have had diabetes for only 5 years. 4 years of that was feeling like you do. The constant battle of a lonely dark well. And I can now talk about it myself. I almost lost my family in the process. God knows how they stuck by me. About a year ago I wanted to change. The old me inside had enough. Although I did not post here I read lots. People on here including me are here to help. Don't despair take this as you friendship group to sound off. A problem shared is a problem half sorted. Stick in there we are here for you.
The toughest things in life make us stronger. Visit your gp and explain what's going on and you can always contact mind also. Check back in with here.

Reactions: 8 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just a check in to see how your feeling today and if you've made an apt at the docs ?

Hope you are feeling better, let us know your ok.

Samsquamch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a check in to see how your feeling today and if you've made an apt at the docs ?

Hope you are feeling better, let us know your ok.

Yeah im feeling better today, was a terrible day yesterday for some reason. was a low point but shall move on and use it as motivation to keep trying my best.

Got an appt at docs next tuesday, and I'm going to write down what I want to say this time..

thanks for your concern, and to everyone who commented.. you are all amazing people!! big love <3

Reactions: 7 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yeah i turn into not a nice person if my sugars are high or low, very bitter /angry cant qutie describe it.. I told my doctor today and she says i should go on DAFNE course but the thing is I can count carbs already, my sugars are better than ever and yet this is the first time in my life that ive ever been depressed and when i asked for help they refer me to another doctor.. happened twice now..
You should book onto the DAFNE, at the very least u will meet other local type 1s. I'm still in contact with the people I met at mine. It helps to talk x

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yeah im feeling better today, was a terrible day yesterday for some reason. was a low point but shall move on and use it as motivation to keep trying my best.

Got an appt at docs next tuesday, and I'm going to write down what I want to say this time..

thanks for your concern, and to everyone who commented.. you are all amazing people!! big love <3

Like I said when you feel very low try to remember it is temporary and it will pass, if you can try and learn why it will help you cope better in future. Just take a walk, breathe deeply and share your feelings, well done for getting an apt and let us know how you get on, but insist they look at ways to help you, whether it's a DAFNE course or tablets don't leave without some form of support x

rosserk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rather than tell your Doctor how you're feeling print off this page and let him/ her read it for himself. It says everything you need to say. Good luck I hope you find the answers and the help and support you need.

Reactions: 2 people