FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

Zebediah

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fascinating post junky. any idea what theAuxillary electrode is for? or when it kicks in?

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Had a letter from abbotts this morning asking me to send a sensor back which I had replaced a few weeks ago, I posted it the day I received my replacement!! Has anybody else had experience of this with abbotts?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a letter from abbotts this morning asking me to send a sensor back which I had replaced a few weeks ago, I posted it the day I received my replacement!! Has anybody else had experience of this with abbotts?
Yes I had that last year. I called them and they said not to worry as it was probably still being processed. Never heard any more about it.

Reactions: 2 people

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Went for a run abroad and my sensor fell off right after. That's two that gone in a combined total of 3 days. The adhesive just doesn't work

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Went for a run abroad and my sensor fell off right after. That's two that gone in a combined total of 3 days. The adhesive just doesn't work

Not good :(

What do Abbott have to say about this?

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not good :(

What do Abbott have to say about this?
Not spoke to them yet. Do they do anything in regards to replacing the sensor if the adhesive just doesn't stick? Was trying my hardest to keep it on just for ease of use when away but it didn't happen :(

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
If it doesn't stick then generally they replace it. That's been what I've found.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not spoke to them yet. Do they do anything in regards to replacing the sensor if the adhesive just doesn't stick? Was trying my hardest to keep it on just for ease of use when away but it didn't happen :(

I'm not a Libre user @L3wisr and I was just curious that's all, but Tim has replied and said they do in his own experience so that's good news.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone ever contacted Abbott to report outrageous sensor behaviour (reading very low), backed up by meter readings on the inbuilt meter, after the sensor has actually finished?

This sensor started going haywire last night, with overnight, and up until about an hour ago, being well adrift. The sensor is due to expire on Monday morning. If it has fallen back into line, and stays that way until Monday, I'll swallow the deviations, but if not, is there anything special I should do, bearing in mind the timing?

I am correct thinking the careline for this is only available Monday to Friday?

finney

Oh boy. Doesn't that positioning rather cramp your scanning style, or are you over the uber-scanning phase??

I can't imagine myself, trundling round Tesco, or on my way to a business meeting, lifting my leg to scan round my girlie bits. :confused:

I'm sitting here chuckling away, but I think I'll give that particular position a miss.
Sorry. More top of thigh! Only problem on second one on other leg is that I have a reaction to Tegaderm (2 or 3 in my Pump Group don't stick it down at all)

finney

I posted back a sensor and Reader they replaced and luckily I keep the proof of posting as they got lost. Supposedly found the parcel somewhere

Insulin_junky

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fascinating post junky. any idea what theAuxillary electrode is for? or when it kicks in?
I'd only be guessing when it kicks in, I presume though when either of the other electrodes are not working. Or if my line of work is anything to go buy, might not be used at all at present but is included for future product development. Answers on a postcard...

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Argh I think I hit a muscle with this sensor. My arm really hurts when I move it in certain positions. Never had this before. It's in a new spot, deffo closer to muscle. Do u think it will calm down?

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Argh I think I hit a muscle with this sensor. My arm really hurts when I move it in certain positions. Never had this before. It's in a new spot, deffo closer to muscle. Do u think it will calm down?
Ouch, if it is in the sinnue of the muscle I doubt it will improve :( give it a while and if still painful I would take it our, not worth 2 weeks of pain

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've done that. It took a three or four days to calm down and if I got pressure on it wrongly it would hurt. Entirely up to you what you do. Mine didn't stay stuck down though and fell off after seven days.

ColinA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, I have really enjoyed reading your posts and have definitely taken a lot of useful info from them. I am currently on the waiting list for Libre. I am really interested to know;

1. How long did you wait between registration and being allowed to purchase the system? and
2. I note quite a few people are having problems with reliability with the sensors. In spite of these issues do you still think the systems is worth it?

Best

Colin

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, I have really enjoyed reading your posts and have definitely taken a lot of useful info from them. I am currently on the waiting list for Libre. I am really interested to know;

1. How long did you wait between registration and being allowed to purchase the system? and
2. I note quite a few people are having problems with reliability with the sensors. In spite of these issues do you still think the systems is worth it?

Best

Colin
1) I registered in December and I was invited to purchase in March.

2) I have only had a couple of inaccurate sensors and Abbott replaced them immediately. On the whole, it's proven to be VERY accurate for me and accuracy is, in my opinion, the single most important thing. I still finger prick one or two times a day (especially for the first few days of starting a new sensor, when I might test 3 or 4 times a day) - 99% of the time the finger pricks are very close, or identical to, the Libre reading. I definitely think it's worth it. I removed my last sensor Saturday and didn't put my new one on until Sunday - I honestly felt completely lost without it during that small gap! Without meaning to be over-the-top, it's changed my life.

Reactions: 2 people

ColinA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's great news, thank you very much for the info. I really feel it will be life changing too. Glad it's working well for you. I'm hoping to find out soon.

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's great news, thank you very much for the info. I really feel it will be life changing too. Glad it's working well for you. I'm hoping to find out soon.
Absolutely. It hasn't been without its problems - I suffered the dreaded skin reaction after my first few - but luckily using a Compeed plaster underneath is (touch wood) stopping any reactions for now and I wouldn't be without it. There is a Facebook group with lots of fantastic info and pictures - have a search and see if you can join it.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Sensor fell off again, during a triceps session after two heavy days at the gym. No sticky left on the sensor! What a load of ****.