Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.8 this morning off to last knitting group before September. I have finished my children's mittens now doing a teddy bear and dinosaur for my brother's birthday at the end of August

Reactions: 34 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
This morning:
Blood Glucose 6.1 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 0.2 mmol / L

Before bed:
Blood Glucose 4.1 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 1.1 mmol / L

Didn't have the best night's sleep ever. Probably due to high stress levels. I woke feeling agitated with blood glucose 7.6 mmol / L then woke again from nightmare blood glucose 7.2 mmol / L

Reactions: 29 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 today, lowest FBG I can remember! :joyful:

Had a smug moment of triumph yesterday when the health care assistant doing my bloods asked how my diet is at the moment. I told her I was doing well, averaging about 1500 cals a day, and could see the look of disbelief on her face - understandable since I'm still of the uber-voluptuous persuasion. Then she did my weight and saw how much I've lost, and was very impressed. I have my follow-up appt with the DSN on 11 August but might have to ring up for my HbA1C result before then because I'm really impatient!
Sounding like some replacement clothes are going to be needed soon.... Good stuff well done!
Hj

Reactions: 12 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For some reason, I forgot to post yesterday (felt a bit "weird" all day with a nagging headache so I'll blame that!)

Yesterday was 5.2 but it was a strange day after that - after lunch my blood shot up to over 9 and stayed there all afternoon which didn't help my headache or general well being. I have no explanation for why it did it (didn't eat anything new or different) and they were the first readings of 7 or over I've seen for months. Could have been my headache that caused it or it could just have been my diabetes reminding me it's still around!

This morning is 4.9 - headache still nagging away but not as bad
Sorry to hear that Phil, be a bit of a jolt, hope it goes soon as.
Hj

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning:
Blood Glucose 6.1 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 0.2 mmol / L

Before bed:
Blood Glucose 4.1 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 1.1 mmol / L

Didn't have the best night's sleep ever. Probably due to high stress levels. I woke feeling agitated with blood glucose 7.6 mmol / L then woke again from nightmare blood glucose 7.2 mmol / L
Dreams / nightmares are really the strangest things.... sometimes mine are so real and feel a bit spooked the morning after...

Reactions: 5 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounding like some replacement clothes are going to be needed soon.... Good stuff well done!
Hj

I am a disgrace to my gender HJ and loathe shopping. I'm going to have to get some new stuff soon though, because if my trousers fall off during a lesson I'll be a tad embarrassed ;)

Reactions: 12 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a 5.8 fasting BG reading this morning after a 6.1 reading at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 31 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a disgrace to my gender HJ and loathe shopping. I'm going to have to get some new stuff soon though, because if my trousers fall off during a lesson I'll be a tad embarrassed ;)
Will the new term be an excuse for clothes shopping. I love shopping :D:)

Reactions: 6 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.5 @ 05.45 this bright morning, really need to get my sleep habits under control.

But still in my usual 5's I'll take that with pleasure.

Have a good one catch you all later.

Reactions: 32 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 6.6 this morn after a bed time 7.6

Reactions: 26 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does 15 mean 15 stone ie 95.5 Kg ? have you tried very low carbohydrates for an extended period od time to see how that works ?

Whats your target weight ? I lost 44 Kg with the LCHF way of eating.Keeping carbs very low helped me a great deal.

Maybe you are right , could have been the Crimean war, who knows for sure ?

I dont have a problem with my memory, only with the things I forget.!!!
Yep 15 stone. In general I aim for less than 50 carbs a day. The fat fast took me under that but bounced right back off the week from hell. Only 1 run and raided little Ted's sweet drawer on more than 1 occasion. Target weight is 14 stone by end aug and 13.5 end of year. end of year ok with aug is going to be tight.

So do need to be consistent here on in. New FF coming up in Aug and 53 run/walk BH weekend Aug.

Reactions: 18 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
4.8 today, lowest FBG I can remember! :joyful:

Had a smug moment of triumph yesterday when the health care assistant doing my bloods asked how my diet is at the moment. I told her I was doing well, averaging about 1500 cals a day, and could see the look of disbelief on her face - understandable since I'm still of the uber-voluptuous persuasion. Then she did my weight and saw how much I've lost, and was very impressed. I have my follow-up appt with the DSN on 11 August but might have to ring up for my HbA1C result before then because I'm really impatient!
Well done now see if you can do it again just to show off a bit , your allowed . Fantastic ;);)

Reactions: 9 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning:-/
5.4 before bed, after which I decided to have a handful of peanuts...
Hmmm, I wonder if the peanuts were guilty, or the Peanuts Fairy which seems to have lodged in between meself and the telly, forcing me to do all sorts of atrocius things?
;-)

Reactions: 24 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
6.2 this morning:-/
5.4 before bed, after which I decided to have a handful of peanuts...
Hmmm, I wonder if the peanuts were guilty, or the Peanuts Fairy which seems to have lodged in between meself and the telly, forcing me to do all sorts of atrocius things?
;-)
Got to be the peanuts fairy;)

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.