Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Moshe, It is incredibly helpful to read your measured words on Metformin as my insecurities with the knowledge of its side effects has me feeling quite uneasy. All I imagine with the notion of taking it is (forgive the visual) suffering from explosive d... and never being able to leave my home, let alone the bathroom for that matter, which maybe wouldn't be such a bad thing as I'd get in more comic book reading, but the requirement to connect with society and to earn a living in order to maintain it all is still a top priority.

I also feel this enormous sense of loss in my ability to gain control, which is both wounding and scary. Since diagnosis, I feel like I've acquired an eating disorder, ironically the inverse of how I had been eating previously, which was so much more disordered than now, and it is a very awkward thing to take in, especially in situations that involve menus beyond my planning. I also worry about too much weight loss as I don't have much more to lose. I lost 13 pounds (not sure of the stone measurement) in three weeks and my doctor and the diabetes educator both felt encouraged but that any more pounds shed would not be beneficial. This is another reason why I want to avoid taking Metformin as it does fuel weight loss. And on a really petty note, I also cannot afford to purchase any more new clothing as eating right is absurdly more expensive than eating wrong and I don't want to look like the guy in a weight loss advertisement who shows off the old baggy trousers full time because there wasn't enough money in the budget to do a final makeover.

I am rooting for you that you should have good results on your A1C test and will be able to get control in the best way possible.
Hi T2G,
Glad to be of any help;-)
And btw, following a severe dysenteria contacted after birth, I had to live with all the symptoms of an IBS, so I know well what you're hinting at...
Nevertheless, Metformin comes in several concentrations and release variations, so in case you need it, you have quite a lot of space of choices...
Gosh, I sound like a Metformin sales rep :-D
Besides, I have a numerous family, with myself the only earner, so I can relate to living on a tighter budget!
No pettiness here Sir, we share the same shoes, and help each other on the way:)

Reactions: 13 people

Wildrover

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Alzebra,
Good article indeed, loads of useful information.
I hope this abusive attitude towards people with T2 diabetes will change, but we have to stand up for ourselves and reject even the subtle hints by anyone trying to blame us for this plague.
My mother was born in 1945, she suffered from hunger all her childhood, I was born into a maternity ward where I contacted dysenteria which left me with life long sequels. I had severe lack of vitamin D and other hormone related problems. I grew up in one of the most polluted Eastern European industrial cities, started to lose my teeth when I was 13, never been a big eater, but been always fat.
I've been misdiagnosed by incompetent people who didn't even bother veiling their disgust for the sweaty pig in front of them, not knowing that I sweat because my body cannot regulate temperature otherwise.
Yet I took matters in my own hand after diagnose in March and after finding this forum, lost nearly 10 Kg and keep a regimental life style hoping to still raise my children keeping my limbs and sanity:)
Rant over;-)

T2 and PROUD!

Moshe

Right on Moshe

Reactions: 8 people

Type2Guy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi T2G,
Glad to be of any help;-)
And btw, following a severe dysenteria contacted after birth, I had to live with all the symptoms of an IBS, so I know well what you're hinting at...
Nevertheless, Metformin comes in several concentrations and release variations, so in case you need it, you have quite a lot of space of choices...
Gosh, I sound like a Metformin sales rep :-D
Besides, I have a numerous family, with myself the only earner, so I can relate to living on a tighter budget!
No pettiness here Sir, we share the same shoes, and help each other on the way:)
That is very helpful to read. I am grateful for your supportive words. If I do end up having to go on Metformin, I'm contacting the manufacturer to make sure they send you the commission check.

Reactions: 12 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
5.0 today :)

There is a real stigma around T2, that we've caused our own disease by reckless diet and laziness. I found this article very empowering, even had to share it with Mr Al when he was doubting me :banghead:

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14046739.php

Oh wow @Alzebra. That's one hell of a powerful article. Thank you for posting it. X

Perhaps you'd be interested in reading the following blog. So much vitriol was hard to read. And I felt very sad knowing that people DO feel this way about people with Type 2. Thankfully, I don't think the forum in question being discussed in the blog is this one. X

http://theangrytype2diabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/youre-fat-f-and-you-give-diabetes-bad.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys sorry only been on once today but think I have found why my sugars have been going up. Got the wonderful :(:rolleyes: conjunctivitis in both eye s so screan time is painful and vision blurred :( got some drops from doctors and going back on Monday

Reactions: 20 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi guys sorry only been on once today but think I have found why my sugars have been going up. Got the wonderful :(:rolleyes: conjunctivitis in both eye s so screan time is painful and vision blurred :( got some drops from doctors and going back on Monday
Oh Lou, so sorry to hear that:-(
Rest your eyes from any screen, and get well soon:)
Mosh

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!

Awwww @loulou99782...you poor thing. Conjunctivitis is so blooming irritating, sore & itchy. I hope the drops do their work very soon & give you some relief.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 15 people

Merrylizard1314

O,poor loulou,sorry to hear that. Take care, and rest those eyes.
<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.3 this am had dinner late @6.30 so had no supper :)

Reactions: 29 people

Murph28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.4 this morning ..... again, that's three days on the run .... wonder if the meter's stuck???;):joyful:

Reactions: 31 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Get better soon loulou

Reactions: 11 people
Status
Not open for further replies.