What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Full fat Greek yoghurt with a few cherries, slice of melon and chopped mixed nuts.
S: 2 squares Lindt 85% chocolate.
L: Big green salad with chicken dressed with olive oil.
D: Thai red curry with pork, pak choi, red pepper, spring onions, mange tout, full fat coconut milk, chilli and lots of coriander.

Reactions: 12 people

Type2Guy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
July 22, 2015

Menu

8AM - Swiss cheese omelette. A few peanuts. A slice of apple.

12PM - A spinach salad. I didn't have any protein as I needed to go to the market. I ate a few nuts afterwards.

8PM - Cod, zucchini turned into a pasta, a few nuts for dessert.

I avoided grains today, hoping I'll have better numbers tomorrow.

Snacks: String cheese, Almonds, Blueberries

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: chia and all with rasps and walnuts
L: celery and all with a bunch of artichokes.... hmmm
D: Haddock/ground almonds, broccoli steamed and salad leaves toms, avocado, artichokes, rasps and creme fraiche...

one of these days fresh rasp season will end and there will be a mighty wailing and gnashing of teeth...
but until that day comes :happy:
Stock up your freezer while you can!

Reactions: 8 people

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
b 2x egg omlete 20g cheese,1 tomatoe
l. ham 100g,lettuce 1 leaf,5 slices of cucumber,20g cheese,1 tomatoe

and tonight
s.burger h/made 100g of carrots,100g mushrooms,100g swede
6 cups of coffee throughout the day

Reactions: 7 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
B: One slice Polish Spelt Rye bread with peanut butter.
Morning snack: Sliced strawberries with cream.
L: Pan fried meat balls in tomato & garlic sauce, grated Parmesan, large mixed green salad. Desert was an apple.
D: Will be, Cod in butter & parsley sauce, mixed roast vegetables, pickled red cabbage. Quite eclectic there.
And at some point before bed...a piece of fruit or a fruit yoghurt.

Reactions: 11 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Mushroom, Cheese, Tomato Omlette
L: Cold roast chicken drumstick x2 and salad
D: Chicken breast stuffed with goats cheese, wrapped in bacon on cooked on top of courgettes and tomato slices, plus a salad (you may have guessed the wife loves salad)
Pud: Lidl Greek Yog plus a handful of blueberries.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tomorrow, for lunch, i will be eating a beef tomato and a blob of mozzarella.

I will slice them evenly, then layer them alternately to form a red and white stack, drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and scatter chopped spring onion over the top.

Cant wait.

The problem with all that slicing, stacking, drizzling, chopping and scattering is that you definitely will have to wait.

Sounds yummy.

Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffencream
L:see pic. ended up with olives instead of sprin onions, cos MrB had gallumphed the spring onions.
D: chicken thighs in puttanesca with additional aubergine, peppers and courgettes.

image.jpg

Reactions: 18 people

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Plan for today...
B- coffee w/ cream and smoked whitefish
L- smoked salmon, my strange raw broccoli slaw, sauerkraut, avocado, mayo concoction
D- On the run again, so something quick! Probably, a few slices of cheese & something...sautéed spinach with sliced almonds?

Reactions: 8 people

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
hi all
are you counting the carbs and calis per meal

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi all

You can if you want. But I don't.
I eat standardish protein portions, low carb veg to my heart's content, a few berries, and then fill up on fat (cream, coconut oil, butter, cheese, fat on meat, olive oil, flax seeds, etc.) so I don't miss the carbs.

I'm kind of resistant to dietary rules and stuff, so I follow my appetite and eat to my meter. but this means I end up doing a fairly standard low carb high fat diet.

Reactions: 9 people

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You can if you want. But I don't.
I eat standardish protein portions, low carb veg to my heart's content, a few berries, and then fill up on fat (cream, coconut oil, butter, cheese, fat on meat, olive oil, flax seeds, etc.) so I don't miss the carbs.

I'm kind of resistant to dietary rules and stuff, so I follow my appetite and eat to my meter. but this means I end up doing a fairly standard low carb high fat diet.
since getting carbs & cals book ,my wife and me, seem to be weighing every think,etc seem to be under 40 carbs and about 700 calis per day, see how that goes

Reactions: 5 people

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 1 slice of Hovis wholemeal seed sensation bread toasted topped with Whole Earth crunchy peanut butter, half a red grapefruit.
L: Same as @Brunneria except I had avocado on the side rather than olives.
S: 2 squares Lindt 85% chocolate.
D: Homemade quarterpounder beefburger on top of a grilled Portobello mushroom with a big dollop of mayo and lots of salad.

Reactions: 9 people

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi all

I am tracking carbs, fat, and calories via MyFitnessPal, because I want to shed some more weight. Over time, it has gotten much easier to visualize portion sizes, so if I am too busy to track or on vacation, I manage quite well. Also, since I am also tracking my BS, it helps to see what kinds of meals I can duplicate for the maximum benefit.

For example, I am eating quite a bit of fish today which is naturally lean. So, tracking helps me see where I can add some fat. Adding fat is getting easier, but there is still that "low fat" gremlin in the back of my brain that hasn't quite caught on yet.

Reactions: 10 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
since getting carbs & cals book ,my wife and me, seem to be weighing every think,etc seem to be under 40 carbs and about 700 calis per day, see how that goes
with time you'll get used to what works and what doesn't and then take it from there.
For me: I weight myself once a fortnight, record what I eat, though not how much and see how my BG's respond. Lost a lot of weight and now bottomed out... there is only a small bit to go... and it's always the hardest...

Reactions: 10 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday was:
B: Homemade coconut/flax bread with brussels pate
L: Out at friends - roast belly of pork, small helping roast new potatoes, assorted green veg, strawberries & cream. No spike, so delighted).
D: Smoked salmon salad with garlic mayo, blackberries, chopped nuts & cream

Today was:
B: bread as above with almond butter, 2 eggs fried in butter
L: Avocado & tuna salad with mayo, blueberries, almond fairy cake & cream
D: Cream of kale soup, raspberries, chopped nuts & cream

No room for snacks on either day!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Wholegrain oats soaked overnight in water with chia seeds, blackcurrants, butter, coconut oil, xylitol, walnuts, yoghurt, cream & raspberry powder (needs using up)
L: Home-grown green salad with sort of hummous (chickpeas) but more like pesto :meh: plus chopped bacon and pickled courgette
D: Belly pork casserole with broccoli and cauli.
Alas, Mrs DeeJay rejected it as too fat, so she boiled the largest egg to eat with granary toast and Marmite, and her pork is in the freezer.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Wholegrain oats soaked overnight in water with chia seeds, blackcurrants, butter, coconut oil, xylitol, walnuts, yoghurt, cream & raspberry powder (needs using up)
L: Home-grown green salad with sort of hummous (chickpeas) but more like pesto :meh: plus chopped bacon and pickled courgette
D: Belly pork casserole with broccoli and cauli.
Alas, Mrs DeeJay rejected it as too fat, so she boiled the largest egg to eat with granary toast and Marmite, and her pork is in the freezer.

You poor thing.

Does that mean you are going to have to eat her portion too, when it comes out of the freezer? What an ordeal! ;)

Reactions: 13 people