Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 am
Not too sure why I dipped back into 4 this morning, last night was haddock/ground almonds, rasps and creme fraiche..... maybe not quite so much as at other times.... portion control god needs to be appeased....
Good day to all residents.
Hj

Reactions: 30 people

Wildrover

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 today :)

There is a real stigma around T2, that we've caused our own disease by reckless diet and laziness. I found this article very empowering, even had to share it with Mr Al when he was doubting me :banghead:

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14046739.php

Very powerful stuff, thanks for posting @Alzebra, printed a copy for my Diabetic nurse to read, as this is just her to a T, same attitude,
Sorry for sidelining this thread,
Thanks again

Reactions: 16 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning and, more importantly, no headaches or spikes yesterday :) still not sure what caused them over the last few days but happy things seem to be back to normal

Last edited by a moderator:

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
4.7 for me too this morning.

My chocolate roulade mustn't have been as naughty as I thought last night. Must be the amount of cream I poured over it. It did feel very indulgent.

Reactions: 31 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All,
4.9 for a surprise this morning, after a wild day yesterday caused by my eldest daughter's Birthday:)
I decided to test my tolerance to any incidental meetings with temptations like Bday cakes etc, so following an after lunch reading of 5.1 I had a generous amount of Cookie Dough Cheesecake, which courtesy of Costco was just bits of dough, and lots of cheese and whipped cream fillings, sweet, but not overpowering. To my utter surprise the readings were:
-1hr 5.7
-2hrs 6.7
-3hrs 6.7
To continue, I had roast chicken, cheese and French mayo for supper, which after two hours gave a 5.4 reading
Conclusion: none for the moment, just a bit confused, as a couple of months ago my levels would have rocketed...
Any ideas would be welcome...
Moshe ;-)

Reactions: 29 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
This morning:
Blood Glucose 7.9 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 0.2 mmol / L

At bed time:
Blood Glucose 5.2 mmol / L

Think this morning's test is past my dawn phenomenon hence the high reading compared to yesterday's early start. Also think the stress yesterday outweighed the fact it was the lowest amount of carbs consumed in a day for a couple of weeks. Disappointed doesn't begin to describe how I feel about this morning's reading! Had hoped to be in early 6s! Just going to have to suck it up and move forward - story of my life lately ... blah ... blah ... blah.

Reactions: 27 people

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
4.2 thumping headache !!! Drank lots of water yesterday maybe it should have been something stronger lol.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Reactions: 13 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning:
Blood Glucose 7.9 mmol / L

At bed time:
Blood Glucose 5.2 mmol / L

Think this morning's test is past my dawn phenomenon hence the high reading compared to yesterday's early start. Also think the stress if yesterday outweighed the fact it was the lowest amount of carbs consumed for a couple of weeks. Disappointed doesn't begin to describe how I feel about this morning's reading! Had hoped to be in early 6s! Just going to have to suck it up and move forward - story of my life lately ... blah ... blah ... blah.
Hi Nomis,
I can see you have a bit of a valley ride for now, and I can truly sympathize with you rembering not long ago the agony of work and family relatd major stress, which sent me to many unwanted GP appointments, some of them problems still lurking around...
I know it sounds cliche, but cheer up Sir, there's always some sunshine left for you behind the thick clouds ;-)
All the best to you :-D

Reactions: 12 people
Status
Not open for further replies.