What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: fried eggs and tomato with parmesan cheese, coffee with chia seeds and lactofree
L: chicken salad with lettuce, pepper, black olives, red onion, tomato, jalapeno and mayo
D: Beef burger with guacamole, bacon, mayo and mustard and some green salad
decaf coffee with lactofree and coconut oil to try the oil for the first time

I just bought this coconut oil and was wondering what is the experience of people with it, I can't find much about it on the forum or I just don't know how to look, either way would be lovely to hear about it.

Reactions: 6 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi all
are you counting the carbs and calis per meal

When I'm eating healthily I certainly don't count carbs any more, but I am well familiar with what I should and shouldn't eat and I tend to stay under 30grms of carb a day.

As I try to follow Bersteins advice I worked out the best protein size portion for me (what makes me feel satisfied) and try to keep that constant.

At the beginning food logs are really good to see what works and what doesn't and to get used to what makes one feel satisfied both protein and fat wise.

When I eat like that, my meter only shows 4's and 5's...

Reactions: 8 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. I really enjoy reading everyone's daily menus and they always give me ideas.
Yes @hognose i use myfitnesspal to log my food so that I can keep an eye on my calorie and carb intake. I also enjoy the way it gives me extra calories for my exercise. :)

B. Raspberries and Greek style yoghurt

L. Bacon, 1 sausage, mushrooms and a fried egg.

D. So far a piece of Camambert . I do have a Sukrin sunflower seed loaf in the oven so I will have a piece later with some more Camambert. :)

Reactions: 9 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
B: Glass of goat's milk. Green tea and lemon. Creamy decaf coffee. Then realised I hadn't eaten anything solid so had a boiled egg with soldiers made from half a slice of toast.
L: Avocado, cucumber, olives, feta and mackerel drizzled with olive oil. Square of 90% dark chocolate
T: Steamed savoy cabbage with piece of fish from chips shop and a few chips dipped in curry sauce. Planned tea went wrong (did not plan sufficiently!) Regretting the chips. Note to self, remember the rule of the 5 P's!

Other drinks: Lots of water and a cup of earl grey tea

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: chia et al
Change this morning, usually have a large cup of filtered coffee but made myself a pot tea at work and by the time coffee time came I didn't fancy it....
L: Celery, avocado, garlic, olives, small amount of mature cheese and "new" (to me) home sprouting alfalfa... love it and never managed to get round to growing it myself.... got a jar just about to break as I added way too many seeds.... arrghhh...
D: (*interesting section*), thursday nights my son goes to an Adult (additional support) Thursday night club in St Andrews and my wife and I go for dinner... holiday time so we all went out... always a challenge and usually we go curry, I have meat or pizza at ZIzzi's, I have a chicken salad...
Pre: 4.8
Antipasta and Pollo Prosciutto, Chicken breast wrapped in prosciutto ham & sage with a white wine sauce, Tuscan potatoes & green beans, swapped the tats for a slaw, 500 mls water.
Home
1hr after: 4.9!!!!!
Coffee, rasps and 1 lime and ginger choc homemade,
1 hr after: 5.2!!!

I don't think I've had such low numbers after eating an evening meal and certainly not when I gone out.. going to test again in 40 mins...

Reactions: 13 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Glass of goat's milk. Green tea and lemon. Creamy decaf coffee. Then realised I hadn't eaten anything solid so had a boiled egg with soldiers made from half a slice of toast.
L: Avocado, cucumber, olives, feta and mackerel drizzled with olive oil. Square of 90% dark chocolate
T: Steamed savoy cabbage with piece of fish from chips shop and a few chips dipped in curry sauce. Planned tea went wrong (did not plan sufficiently!) Regretting the chips. Note to self, remember the rule of the 5 P's!

Other drinks: Lots of water and a cup of earl grey tea
I've been wondering about just fish from chip shop, I like, never been too impressed with chips even when I thought I could eat them... but the fish can be great...

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Yes @hankjam, the fish is very good from this one, but I leave the batter (never liked it anyway). I miss the chips, my blood sugar does not, however!

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
not had fish from the chippy for ages, but have steam whitefish and parsley garlic
worst thing me is trying to stop snacking,not all the time,yesterday was a non snacking day so was quiete pleased

Last edited by a moderator:

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
today will be
b 2x egg omlete 20g cheese,1 tomatoe
l. ham 100g,lettuce 1 leaf,5 slices of cucumber,20g cheese,1 tomatoe
s.whitefish 100g,100g of carrots,100g mushrooms,100g swede
6 cups of coffee throughout the day

Reactions: 10 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. I hope you all have had a good day. :)

B. Raspberries with Greek style yoghurt

L. 1 rasher of bacon, 1 sausage, a fried egg, mushrooms and a slice of black pudding. Scrumptious- my only problem was I had ordered it in a cafe and I hadn't realised there was toast with it. The toast arrived warm, soft with melting butter. Will power was called for and it succeeded! I resisted.

D. 2 slices of Sukrin sunflower seed bread with smooth Brussels pate and a piece of very ripe Camambert. :)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone. I hope you all have had a good day. :)

B. Raspberries with Greek style yoghurt

L. 1 rasher of bacon, 1 sausage, a fried egg, mushrooms and a slice of black pudding. Scrumptious- my only problem was I had ordered it in a cafe and I hadn't realised there was toast with it. The toast arrived warm, soft with melting butter. Will power was called for and it succeeded! I resisted.

D. 2 slices of Sukrin sunflower seed bread with smooth Brussels pate and a piece of very ripe Camambert. :)
Good job on the Toast!
Love a bit smelly cheese, riper the better :happy:
Hj

Reactions: 7 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Does that mean you are going to have to eat her portion too, when it comes out of the freezer? What an ordeal! ;)
Haha. She's away kayaking around the Scillies next week and so far I've got three single meals in the freezer. All my faves. Plus I'll be making cream sauces, which she hates. When the boss is away ....

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Last posting for a week
B: same as...
L: same as...
D: Aubergine parmigiana, cooked two aubergines and nearly ate the lot, the family suffered and got sourdough pizza...
Loving aubergines anyway they come.
Pip pip
Hj

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Coconut/flax bread with almond butter, creme cheese & raspberries
L: Cream of Kale soup, Harrogate sausages & staffed olives, berries & cream
D: Lasagne ( no pasta) & broccoli, chocolate clouds (adapted my cream cheese clouds by substituting cocoa powder for the vanilla extract)
Late snack of cheese & 2 squares Lindt 85% - was watching Celebrity Masterchef!

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I spent all day out and about so my choices where based on what I found to eat while being out...

B: coffee with chia seeds and coconut oil
L: Pret protein pot (boiled egg, smoked salmon, spinach and lemon)
S: Small portion of Chicken harisa
D: Cheese slices, guacamole, small green salad, 2 baked eggs with chorizo
S: Some walnuts

Reactions: 11 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An odd breakfast today...

Coffee with coconut oil, flaxseed and lactofree
2 frankfurters with some mustard and some very little ketchup
2 fried eggs with parmesan

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream
L: chicken in puttanesca and additional med veg
S: knorr stock pot with dash cream
D: will probably be cheese.

Dipped a bit low pre lunch because i forgot to snack before dog walking. No idea what it dropped to, because i forgot my meter too! But i didn't have any adrenalin surge and the usual rage issues, so I'm thinking that i'm now in ketosis consistently enough that my glycogen reserves are depleted so that liver dumping isn't possible.

Ace result.

Now i just have to keep it up.
This narrow band of vlc is the only way i lose weight.

Reactions: 10 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B:Coffee with coconut oil, flaxseed and lactofree. 2 frankfurters with some mustard and some very little ketchup. 2 fried eggs with parmesan
S: Pecans
L: Cajun chicken and green salad with some mayo.
S: Cheese puffs and a glass of gin and tonic