Meditag recomendation

Marky74

Hi,

I am after a meditag to wear incase something happens.

I got a cheap dogtag off ebay, but as I swim in it, the chain is loosing its coating.

Any suggestions?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
ive got an sos bracelet thats stainless steel,so far its stayed dry inside :D

angel19

Hiya,

If you put a search into google for sos talismans lots of sites will come up with loads of different options, most do free engraving too. The standard sos talismans can be bought at most H samuel branches and they can order in one for you too if they do not stock the one u want. I like the ones on the icegems website,

Happy shopping!!

Jenn :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I got mine from an ad leaflet I found on the counter at the pharmacy and "Balance" carries Ads too.
Mine is stainless steel and has a red"Alert" sign on it. It also had an "alert" charm, but that went onto T1's bracelet, which had lost its red cross. Last year, we met a woman, who thought it was so sweet that we wear matching bracelets. :lol:
My bracelet is in the swimming pool twice a week. as is my watch, which makes some people stare.

dipsticky

Dislikes
Hypocrites and two faced people.
hana babe. I think if they are staring at you in the pool, it's probably the figure girl, not the bling ?

D.

Marky74

angel19 said:
Hiya,

If you put a search into google for sos talismans lots of sites will come up with loads of different options, most do free engraving too. The standard sos talismans can be bought at most H samuel branches and they can order in one for you too if they do not stock the one u want. I like the ones on the icegems website,

Happy shopping!!

Jenn :)

The Ice stuff is quite funky...

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
sos talisman was from h samuel but are cheaper brand new on ebay :D

angel19

Yeah I thought u might like one thats a bit funky!! I got mine from a site called n-style. They do lovely girly ones which you can change to match your outfit so encourages wear more. I havent looked at the mens selection though!! Top tip, if you order from an american site make sure you tick the 'gift' box otherwise u'l have to pay around £17 in taxes, doh wish id known that before I ordered!!!! :eek:

chris_h

Dislikes
Rap, grung and annoying people.
I wear a silver medi-tag Identity bracelet, mine has a little charm on it to. I got the information from the Doc's but I have seen it advertised in Balance, mine goes everywhere with me swimming three times a week, the gym and it is still shinny and new looking. I had a stainless steel one but it turned my arm green. :( not a pretty sight.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Dipsticky
The members of my aqua exercise class are all ,like me, older folks. since I am definitely a"plumper grandma", I think any stares are definitely for my watch. I have had people "remind" me to remove it. After several years of regular immersion, it still keeps perfect time.

Stunning

Dislikes
The so-called Diabetic team at the hospital!!!
Great stuff. Agreed that Balance constantly has adverts for the bracelets etc.

I still wear the MEDIC ALERT stainless steel bracelet (with the old 01 for London telephone code) that i got around the time of diagnosis! (March 1983).

Must get a new bracelet one of these fine days!

DS