Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.7 this am just a small amount of cheese for my supper last eve :)

Reactions: 29 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning from Zombieland, aka W. Midlands:-/
5.7 today [Edit: after 4.9 late before bed], business as usual, falling back asleep in armchair, first coffee ineffective, please someone bring another brew...
:-B
Snoring... zzzzz...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 28 people

BigAl57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hip hop
9.4 this morning feeling yuk again .must sort or what I eat over the weekend

Reactions: 23 people

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
Morning folks from a wet Glasgow 4.3 thumping head feel better when bg slightly higher. Have a good day one and all.

Reactions: 27 people

georgianakate

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.5. Indian last night. Need to get back on track. Back on with taking metformin and unusually feeling a bit dodgy this morning. :-(

Reactions: 22 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A sobering 8.0, after a second day of celebrations (housewarming this time). Although I thought I was doing rather well and making better choices of food and drink, from this perspective I see it differently. It was also much easier to go for "just a taste" of something not really suitable on the second day - I.e. it only becomes easier to "cheat". And I'm only cheating myself! Maybe this is a good lesson before our holiday in August, where I'll have to resist a lot of temptations...

Reactions: 26 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
13.5 after 4 days of taking this seriously and eating properly. I think I might go to the doctor and say yes to the drugs. What do others think?

Hi @miriamy. When your numbers don't play ball it can be very demoralising. To be fair, after just 4 days of "eating properly" your body is still adjusting. But I can understand your disappointment at not seeing your BG go down. If diet & exercise alone isn't working for you, and your BG is consistently running high, perhaps it IS time to discuss medication with your GP or DSN. Personally, I'd rather do that than risk the complications of Diabetes associated with elevated glucose levels. There's no shame in accepting medication. Many of us need to do so after all. This is a nasty, lifelong disease, so take all the help you need hun. You would accept medical intervention for other disorders I'm sure....so why not this one? Concentrate on getting better control of your BG, with less stress & reduced associated risks. I wish you well. X

Reactions: 22 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
A sobering 8.0, after a second day of celebrations (housewarming this time). Although I thought I was doing rather well and making better choices of food and drink, from this perspective I see it differently. It was also much easier to go for "just a taste" of something not really suitable on the second day - I.e. it only becomes easier to "cheat". And I'm only cheating myself! Maybe this is a good lesson before our holiday in August, where I'll have to resist a lot of temptations...

"just a taste" is a very slippery slope. Just say to yourself "NO"

Reactions: 17 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Morning folks. Wet & cold here in Newcastle today. Gonna get me thermal socks on. HATE cold feet! Fasting BG is 5.8, which isn't unexpected considering the summer cold I've got courtesy of my teenage son. Sometimes Monday's suck! Best wishes & good health everyone. X

image.jpg

Reactions: 27 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
This morning:
Blood Glucose 6.3 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 0.6 mmol / L

Before Bed:
Blood Glucose 5.8 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 0.2 mmol / L

Woke from night terror during the night with Blood Glucose 7.6 mmol / L

Earlier start today (and earlier to bed) so probably why I'm in the 6s rather than 7s.

Digestive system currently seems to be on a fast track. So, I'm concerned my morning BulletProof Coffee is going to shoot right through me. See what I did there?

Reactions: 29 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reactions: 14 people
Status
Not open for further replies.