Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, from a coldish Shire, with just a wee bit of Sun... :)
6.3 fasting today, BUT this seems to be something of a problem from yesterday, as after a lunch of ratatouile and white beans, my bs went up to 6.6 which caused some mild tiredness, which went rather unnoticed because of a very stressful day of having my car at garage failing the MOT big time, facing a pretty high bill today to have it hopefully fixed and running, plus the stress of waiting for a late GP for my diabetes bloodtest review, etc, etc.
Yesterday late evening I had a mini feast with a bit more peanuts and blueberries than usual, but that didn't justify the 6.7 reading before bed...
Nevertheless, I am rather happy, as today is the first day without Forxiga, and I have to learn controlling my levels without that powerful sugar-uptake-reversing medicine, relying on testing/diet/Metformin only ;-)
Take care you good people :-D

Reactions: 35 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 6.2 this morning after a 5.8 at bedtime last night,

Reactions: 32 people

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
10.4 yeeaaah! Down from 16 something a week ago. Going in the right direction. So relieved

Reactions: 39 people

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.7 this cold wet morning...muchos happy with that after the last few days :)

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congrats to @MosheBenYehuda and @loulou99782 for some great work with yesterday's results from docs

Had a weird day yesterday after my high fasting figure - my blood was up and down like a yoyo between 4.1 and 7.5 but it settled down eventually late last night and I had a nice 4.8 on waking this morning :)

Reactions: 36 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
This morning:
Blood Glucose 6.3 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 0.4 mmol / L

Before bed:
Blood Glucose 4.1 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 1.6 mmol / L

23 hour fast (just water) yesterday. Woke several times but, omitted to test. No nightmares or terrors. Phew!

Reactions: 36 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

4.5 for me this morning after a 4.9 before bed.

Something must be agreeing with me, can't quite decide what though; ,sun swimming gentle strolling about in 30 degrees plus or the prawn pil pil.......

Reactions: 37 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
7.2 today, Getting back to normal and back to work this afternoon.

Reactions: 30 people

Jo G

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi would like to join in with this as was only diagnosed 2 months ago, my morning blood test vary between 7.1 and 10.6. This morning it was 8.9, quite pleased with that although looking through I see a lot of people are well below that.

Reactions: 32 people

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
morning all:)
back into the 5's after Sunday's sweet feast:confused::oops:
a very pleasing 5.9 for me today:p:D

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning al 6.2 and another wonderful head ache :(:(:(:(

Reactions: 26 people
C

catherinecherub

Hi would like to join in with this as was only diagnosed 2 months ago, my morning blood test vary between 7.1 and 10.6. This morning it was 8.9, quite pleased with that although looking through I see a lot of people are well below that.
It's not a competition @Jo G, you may need some more help so why not post on
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/newly-diagnosed.39/

and tell us a bit about yourself, medication, lifestyle, types of meals. This thread is only for fasting numbers and your post will be seen by a wider audience on Newly Diagnosed.

Reactions: 16 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today. However the air temp my body is experiencing has more than doubled after just a 2 hour flight, so that's my excuse.

Reactions: 31 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of trivia: My late uncle was the head scientist a Proctor & Gamble in Cincinnati and was once asked to come up with a use for the waste resulting from industrially peeled potatoes for the food industry. He came up with pringles.
I always thought Pringles were disgusting! A typical "food product" rather than nutritious, real food. Now Kettle Chips is a completely different kettle of fish/potatoes... ;) :p

My FBG of 7.1 is slowly going down, though still not back to my usual even after 2 days of very strict carb intake (<30).

Reactions: 26 people
M

mojo37

Back in the 8,s need to give myself a serious kick up the backside...haven't posted recently cos not happy with bg's :grumpy:

Reactions: 27 people
Status
Not open for further replies.