Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning, unexpectedly high - suspect dawn phenomenon is at play since I wasn't naughty yesterday!

Reactions: 37 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 6.8 this sunny morn ..livers been at it again Grrrrrr

Reactions: 34 people

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
Morning all 4.6 ok. Guess what sun here in Glasgow don't knot how long we will have it lol. All have a good day

Reactions: 38 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Another beautiful morning here in the south of England, have a wonderful day everyone :D

Gary1205

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mixed feelings this morning. My son's birthday yesterday and he chose an Indian restaurant for a meal. First time since diagnosis a few months ago have had this type of meal. Was 5.3 beforehand and went up to 9.6 2 hours after(whoops) which was also bed time. But I have gone back down overnight to 6.1 so a bit happier than when I went to bed.

Reactions: 34 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Morning everyone. Hope the suns shining wherever you are because it sure isn't here in Geordieland. Hopefully later today. One lives in hope. Fasting BG today is 4.8 after a 5.2 at bedtime. Pleased with that. Woke up hungry during the night so ate the apple I had lurking in my handbag. :hungry: I really should give it a clean out. I do believe there may be a cure for the common cold hidden away in there amongst the shrapnel of fluff, crumbs, bits of paper, old tissues & wrappers. :oops: Have a great day folks. Best wishes & good health. X

image.jpg

Reactions: 39 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

5.5 for me this morning. Got a bit concerned yesterday my figures were falling lower than I like to see them so I stopped taking a new supplement I had started when I came down here.

Not sure if it was that change or the Irish coffee I succumbed to last night.......

On the positive side I have tracked down summer. It's here with me!

Reactions: 36 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Morning. 6.0 today so very nearly back to normal.

Another week in Cornwall booked for September. 6 and a half weeks and counting.

Reactions: 32 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 5.6 this morning after a 5.6 at bedtime last night.

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 this morning after a 9 before bed. Didn't sleep so well zzzzzzzzzzz

Reactions: 31 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Unhappy with my 6.1 at 7.24am I have re-tested at 9.25am and got 5.0 (Nothing to eat yet) Interesting thing this dawn phenomenon ...

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

A disappointing 7.7 for me today. Could be for a number of reasons from too much at work going on to too little exercise due to the aforementioned. In the pub last night with a friend and had 2 pints of water and 2 pints of diet coke - It had better have been diet coke but then you never know when it's from the gun!

Guess the next few days will reveal which one it is. Looking forward to the ff with Nom and our man down under.

Have a good one everybody.

Reactions: 32 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

5.5 for me this morning. Got a bit concerned yesterday my figures were falling lower than I like to see them so I stopped taking a new supplement I had started when I came down here.
Which supplement was that? I would love to see my figures fall lower, this morning was 6.6 (which is getting better, but still not there)

Reactions: 23 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Which supplement was that? I would love to see my figures fall lower, this morning was 6.6 (which is getting better, but still not there)
Hi Larrisima

It was methyl cobolamine or methyl B12 if you prefer.

Elsewhere on here is a section on neuropathy, which I have a problem with ,and on there is advice about various supplements. I started taking 3 of them for that reason but it does seem they might be helping with my BG levels too. I switched from B12 to the methyl form for my holidays as it isn't flushed out of your system as fast, but I am always a bit nervous trying new things and I have been increasing my testing as a result.

This isn't really the place for this I guess - sorry for going of topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only just got chance to post today as I've been crazy busy. It was a nice low 4.5 this morning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.